CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: Check Point Accelerated CCSE NGX

Default Check Point Accelerated CCSE NGX

I just cleared CCSE NG AI today with a %79 score. I have completed the NGX training, already passed CCSA and decided the best way to get the NGX CCSE was to finish the NG AI exam and do the Accelerated test.

Has anyone taken this test and if so could the give a rough idea of what is on the exam and what to expect. Also is it 98 questions as before?

Thanks in advance,

Gavrilo

Default Re: Check Point Accelerated CCSE NGX

Im taking this exam next week, how did you find the questions ?

i'm supposed to be doing the ccse ngx accelerated exam soon.. any advice?

so anyone actually done this that can shed any light on what sort of questions are asked?

i'm doing the boson tests for the exam at the moment but it seems to be very much the same as CCSE.. not a lot from what happened on the course... should i expect this?

i dont really trust Boson exams after having to "report" loads of questions for being incorrect or badly worded or diagrams which just show the answer and not being the diagram it should be.

Took my Accelerated CCSE NGX 156-915.1 exam today and failed I got 61% needed 70% to pass. Boo!!!!

Lots of ClusterXL and High Availability, and QOS questions, other areas covered Disaster Recovery, LDAP, Smartview Monitor, VOIP, Install and Upgrading, Configuring VPNs Meshed Star. Authentication, Remote Access.

Only a couple of question on Eventia Reporter I thought there would have been more.

I actually ran out of time on my exam and answered the last 10 questions in 2 mins with out reading thinking any answer would be better than no answer. 80 questions in 90 mins.

I found that the exam started off ok but half way through the questions started to get a lot longer and you had to keep going over the question to make sure the answer was right. especially with QOS and Backup questions.

So that was probably my 9% went LOL.

Oh hum back to books.
    Last edited by string; 2006-04-28 at 12:17.

Just an FYI the new course materials come out last week (version 1.1).

Quote Originally Posted by string
    Took my Accelerated CCSE NGX 156-915.1 exam today and failed I got 61% needed 70% to pass. Boo!!!!

Lots of ClusterXL and High Availability, and QOS questions, other areas covered Disaster Recovery, LDAP, Smartview Monitor, VOIP, Install and Upgrading, Configuring VPNs Meshed Star. Authentication, Remote Access.

Only a couple of question on Eventia Reporter I thought there would have been more.

I actually ran out of time on my exam and answered the last 10 questions in 2 mins with out reading thinking any answer would be better than no answer. 80 questions in 90 mins.

I found that the exam started off ok but half way through the questions started to get a lot longer and you had to keep going over the question to make sure the answer was right. especially with QOS and Backup questions.

So that was probably my 9% went LOL.

Oh hum back to books.
    A word of advise, Always skip the hard questions and mark the questions that you have provided an answer for but aren't sure of. At the end you can then go back and first answer the questions that were long and complicated. Then go back and check the marked questions, re read them and then fix if you think they're wrong. ITs a sure fire way of making sure you dont run out of time.