CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

CPUG Challenge 2018?? We will be holding another CPUG Challenge for 2018.
The plan is to time it around CPX again (earlier this year), but not necessarily limit it to those in attendance.
I'll provide more details as we get a bit closer, but be ready! -E

Thread: Does my Checkpoint expertise count in being a CISSP Professional

Default Does my Checkpoint expertise count in being a CISSP Professional

Hi

I am CCSA, CCSE. I have approx 7 years experience in Networks and Firewalls. Now I am preparing for CISSP due to its market value and broader domain. The problem is that if I move to the domains of CISSP will I be able to be a Firewall administrator additionally or is it all together a different field with some basic inputs from different infrastructure teams.

Thanks
    Last edited by vijayant; 2008-08-12 at 03:06.

Default Re: Does my Checkpoint expertise count in being a CISSP Professional

Hi Vijayant,

CISSP is more to do with overall Information security management and is considered more of a management job.It's hard to find CISSP managing networks & Security... atleast in our part of world. I could feel your internal conflict which do happens with anyone planning for a switchover after spending quite time in this business.

Having CISSP, definately you will have an edge over other's who acquired by having mere theoretical studying and moreover you will not be bluffed by your team /auditees :-)) at any point of time... that's more important.

regards,
    -=KIK=-

As a CISSP that currently manages a security infrastructure of Checkpoint Firewalls I can give you the following advise:

The CISSP will help you reach beyond the firewall/network aspect of your job to understand security in a broader sense. I might suggest some of the SANS courses(SANS Institute - Network, Security, Computer, Audit Information & Training), as they are more hands on. I learned more in one day of a SANS course than I did with the entire CISSP process.

lodown

Hi dreambuddy

What you said, I have the same perception, that's where I feel is a person with MCSE and CCSA is in a better position than me CCSA, CCSE. Any how you response is precious for me. Thanks for guidance.

Hi lodown

I will research that website. Thanks for the link. Is it paid ?

Hi,
    I have just completed a CISSP boot camp but did the SSCP exam at the end. Although seen as a lower standard, SSCP does cover network security/analysis and monitoring in more depth, it doesnt have the full scope of CISSP or the desireability!!

Hi Friends

I finally conquered CISSP. I have cleared the exam. My endorsement is pending...

Thanks for all your suggestions and help...

HI dreambuddy
    Your words are really comming true as I am moving to InfoSec team in my organization..
    I could feel your internal conflict which do happens with anyone planning for a switchover after spending quite time in this business.