CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Boson Tests

Default Boson Tests

The Boson practice tests for NGX are available. I haven't looked at them yet, but the NGAI set was really good.

-jlh

Default Re: Boson Tests

The boson tests for the CCSA NGX were a disappointment. I think Boson has the best tests out there. But, whether it was related to the NGX (156-215) being relatively new or not, I was not happy with what I paid for.

One big problem is, many times they show a diagram that gives you the answer BEFORE the answers, and not after. You have to look away as you go to the next question and minimize this diagram to keep you knowing the answer. This happens on at least 30% or more of the questions.

Most multiple choice questions do not tell you how many you need to answer the questions correctly (no "choose the best 2 or 3 questions", just choose all that apply. Worse yet, even if you do answer the questions correctly they still say you are wrong. Hard to explain but I have submittted "feedback" several times and nothing has changed in their last 2 updates.

I am not trying to keep anyone from purchasing the boson exam for the NGX. The boson exams are the best I have found for any previous exams I have achieved. However, if this exam was too new then they should have waited instead of introducing an exam that has many flaws. I am hopeful, after more updates, they will correct some of the many errors I have found in the initial installment of the NGX CCSA exam.

Quote Originally Posted by jsond
    The boson tests for the CCSA NGX were a disappointment. I think Boson has the best tests out there. But, whether it was related to the NGX (156-215) being relatively new or not, I was not happy with what I paid for.
    I'm agreeing with you on the Accelerated test as well.

Most multiple choice questions do not tell you how many you need to answer the questions correctly (no "choose the best 2 or 3 questions", just choose all that apply.
    I've seen this with thier Cisco tests as well but have learned to live with it.

Worse yet, even if you do answer the questions correctly they still say you are wrong. Hard to explain but I have submittted "feedback" several times and nothing has changed in their last 2 updates.
    I'm seeing the same thing. The questions are along the lines of what I remember when I took the test a few months back. A lot of QoS questions!

-jlh

I think it might be a case of Boson being first to market. Like most things version 1.1 will probably be a whole lot better.

what do you think of testking?

I buy the CCSA + CCSE boson test and I submited more than 150 errors for the 4 exams. I did not check the CCSE boson exam already but I suspect that it would be worse.

Explanaition where very usefull but it was very time consumming due to the number of errors.

Passed sucessfully the exam

For anyone stumbling across this thread, interested in the Boson CCSA, CCSE Exam Sims, jeepee was spot on, the CCSE sim was worse.

The quality of the CCSA exam was pretty poor at the start, but started improving with updates. At least they put some effort into that one.

The CCSE exam sim was so appallingly bad, I complained to Boson and got a refund off them after passing my CCSE.

The sort of things you can expect to see on it (until improved) are a mix of CCSA & CCSE questions (the CCSA questions have no relevance to CCSE and are exactly the same as the ones on the CCSA Exam Sim). The same question 3 times or more in one test, factually incorrect answers and terrible english making the questions difficult to understand.

My friends, wath version Boson test download ?? for study CCSA NGX ??

Thanks !!