CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: 515 exam

Default 515 exam

Hi all,

Sat and passed the CCSE+ it was easier than I thought it would be, the best study material for the exam I would have to say is the official courseware, NGX course III and hands on experience with the topics covered.

Lots of memory work in this exam, I would also suggest a very good understanding of the NGX I and NGX II courses as there is info from them here as well..

There was a couple of questions where there were 2 right answers or no right answers and I left comments on these questions.

70 Q in 90 min... I was done in about 60 min

Good luck to others attempting this!
    Brent

Default Re: 515 exam

Because of the memory work required for this exam, I also suggest (as I do lots and lots of exams) to get as much of your head work on paper before starting the exam. To do this, leave the exam in the tutorial window, because the clock does not start counting down until you start the real exam, and then write down everything that you can remember. Once all of the info is out of your head and on the paper, you can relax and use this as your reference sheet...

I need to make it clear that I am not saying to take a cheat sheet into the exam, what I am saying is that you can legally write down what ever you need to while in the exam room, just remember to do it before the clock starts though!

Things that I wrote down were
    PORTS
    commands
    files of importance

I did not use all of this but it was a great weight that was lifted from my mind as I started the exam and I knew that I could relax and read the questions carefully, because so many of us stuff up by reading into the question something that is not even there!

Hope this helps!
    Brent

hi,

Congrats for your successfully passing
    Can you please share the questions which were asked in 515

Regards,
    Jatin Lakhani
    Regards,
    Jatin LAkhani

I passed it today and it was not the worse Checkpoint exam ... the courseware is really a must read. What I've done is writing all attention points on paper ... then read and remember those infos ... all the TDERROR stuff is not necessary ... some ports knowledge, parameters commandos (-w -i ...), fw monitor experience, knowing which process is doing what and that's about it.

can you please email some samply questions to jatin dot lakhani at gmail dot com
    Regards,
    Jatin LAkhani

Hi
    Any kind of drag-n-drop questions or simulations on this exam?
    What is the percentage to pass this exam?

Regards,
    Phayder
    Last edited by Phayder; 2008-03-27 at 18:37.

I will not be posting any questions from the exams I have sat. If you wish to pass the exams then do the work required to learn the product. I am sick of seeing people in the IT industry that have all the certifications but do not know anything about the products they are certified in. Passing exams with out the background knowledge will get you into a lot of hot water in the industry eventually!

Please do not ask for exam questions here, Barry has already made his thoughts clear on this and I for one agree with him!

BD

Quote Originally Posted by Phayder View Post
    Hi
    Any kind of drag-n-drop questions or simulations on this exam?
    What is the percentage to pass this exam?

Regards,
    Phayder
    You need 70% to pass as for the other exams (except the Master Architect that asks 80% for the Q&A).

Best for that exam is ... read the book ... take notes and have practical experience on all the commandos !

Then when you'll read the questions you'll already know the answer before reading the various choices ...

That exam is less misleading than the other ones

And I'll just give you one tip ... Gill Bates has issues with his VPNs :)

For those of you who have taken the exam recently what percentage of the Questions would you say in you opinion comes from the courseware?

I have heard mention of the ATRG but the only one i could find was for R60 is this useful?

My focus is completely on the courseware now but have been stung in the past with CP asking questions not found in the courseware for approximately 20-40% of the exam (e.g. CCSA & CCSE)

I will answer my own questions for those who would like to know - yes all questions are from the courseware.

So read it throughly and you will be fine - i read it six times and made heaps of notes - forgot to mention in previous post know you port numbers.....

hi Jatin ,

Can u pls mail me the questns or dumps of 515. on plsmailmecp@gmail.com

Regards
    cpadmin