CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.


Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

 

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: VoIP Hotfix 2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    2005-08-29
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    16

    Default VoIP Hotfix 2

    Just got this message:


    Hello,

    NGX VoIP HF 2 was released today and it is now available in the download center.
    You can find the binaries and the release notes at:

    https://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/...9&os=&x=8&y=10

    Please note that this hotfix is currently available for R60 only.
    -------
    Major info from the release notes:

    Copyright 2006 Check Point Software Technologies, Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Introduction
    Thank you for using Check Point NGX VoIP Hotfix-2. This hotfix is a recommended
    version update. NGX VoIP Hotfix-2 release is based on the NGX Hotfix-1 release, and
    contains additional features
    For SIP and SCCP support
    Support for the Universal Alcatel Protocol
    SIP Enhancements in this Release
    NGX VoIP Hotfix-2 introduces the following SIP enhancements:
    Support for additional NAT scenarios in SIP
    Extended SIP state machine

    SIP Enhancements in Previous Releases
    SIP TCP failover - Stateful Failover of SIP TCP calls is now supported except for calls
    that are in the middle of call setup.
    Interoperability with Nortel's SIP
    Support of RFC 3581 - Symmetric response routing
    Source port of SIP packets are not changed anymore
    SIP Enhancements in Previous Releases
    NGX VoIP Hotfix-1 introduced the following SIP enhancements:
    Support for NAT on MGCP phones
    Support for NAT for SIP phones in SIP B2BUA configuration
    Support for 2 way media connections in SIP calls with NAT
    Support for special NEC extensions in SIP
    Extended SIP state machine
    Support for Nokia PoC
    Support unlimited Maximum invitations per call in SIP SmartDefense (SmartConsole
    NGX R60 Hotfix 0.001 Build 2 is required)
    SCCP enhancements
    This hotfix introduces the following SCCP enhancement:
    SCCP failover - Stateful Failover of SCCP calls is now supported except for calls that
    are in the middle of call setup.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    2005-08-11
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,395
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Quote Originally Posted by chillyjim View Post
    Just got this message:


    Hello,

    NGX VoIP HF 2 was released today and it is now available in the download center.
    You can find the binaries and the release notes at:

    https://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/...9&os=&x=8&y=10

    Please note that this hotfix is currently available for R60 only.
    -------
    Major info from the release notes:

    Copyright 2006 Check Point Software Technologies, Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Introduction
    Thank you for using Check Point NGX VoIP Hotfix-2. This hotfix is a recommended
    version update. NGX VoIP Hotfix-2 release is based on the NGX Hotfix-1 release, and
    contains additional features
    For SIP and SCCP support
    Support for the Universal Alcatel Protocol
    SIP Enhancements in this Release
    NGX VoIP Hotfix-2 introduces the following SIP enhancements:
    Support for additional NAT scenarios in SIP
    Extended SIP state machine

    SIP Enhancements in Previous Releases
    SIP TCP failover - Stateful Failover of SIP TCP calls is now supported except for calls
    that are in the middle of call setup.
    Interoperability with Nortel's SIP
    Support of RFC 3581 - Symmetric response routing
    Source port of SIP packets are not changed anymore
    SIP Enhancements in Previous Releases
    NGX VoIP Hotfix-1 introduced the following SIP enhancements:
    Support for NAT on MGCP phones
    Support for NAT for SIP phones in SIP B2BUA configuration
    Support for 2 way media connections in SIP calls with NAT
    Support for special NEC extensions in SIP
    Extended SIP state machine
    Support for Nokia PoC
    Support unlimited Maximum invitations per call in SIP SmartDefense (SmartConsole
    NGX R60 Hotfix 0.001 Build 2 is required)
    SCCP enhancements
    This hotfix introduces the following SCCP enhancement:
    SCCP failover - Stateful Failover of SCCP calls is now supported except for calls that
    are in the middle of call setup.
    Please forgive me for asking this, and I'm not trying to be a smartypants, but what's the "current" version of NGX?

    R60 with HFA-04?
    R61?
    R62?
    One of these with VoIP HFA-02?

    Which one works the best?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    2006-01-26
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    704
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Known Limitations and Clarifications
    • NGX VoIP Hotfix-2 needs to be installed on both the SmartCenter server and gateway.
    • NGX VoIP Hotfix-2 needs to be installed on top of R60_HFA_04
    • The hotfix installation process automatically overwrites modified *.def files. If you have made manual modifications to your *.def files, you will need to make these changes to the new version of the files.
    • Uninstalling the hotfix using SmartUpdate is not supported for IPSO gateways.

    So we need HFA-04 necessarily.
    I think R61 and R62 don't have this HFA in it. R61_HFA_01 has all resolved issues included in R60_HFA_04. About R62 I don't have information.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2005-08-29
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryStiefel View Post
    Please forgive me for asking this, and I'm not trying to be a smartypants, but what's the "current" version of NGX?

    R60 with HFA-04?
    R61?
    R62?
    One of these with VoIP HFA-02?

    Which one works the best?
    Quote Originally Posted by kva.kva View Post
    So we need HFA-04 necessarily.
    I think R61 and R62 don't have this HFA in it. R61_HFA_01 has all resolved issues included in R60_HFA_04. About R62 I don't have information.

    Barry you its never that easy with Check Point....

    R60 HFA04
    Add VoIP HF 2 if using VoIP

    R61 HFA01 (Includes all fixes in R60_HFA04)

    R62 (Includes all fixes in R60_HFA04)


    VoIP Hotfix is not available for R61/62. I've asked when it will be but have not gotten an answer yet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2006-01-25
    Location
    Americas
    Posts
    1,535
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Will this hotfix allow me to use manual NAT rules?

    Since I'm using H323 and not SIP I don't see much need to install this hotfix. Am I mistaken?
    Its all in the documentation.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    2005-08-29
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Quote Originally Posted by melipla View Post
    Will this hotfix allow me to use manual NAT rules?
    Nope.

    Since I'm using H323 and not SIP I don't see much need to install this hotfix. Am I mistaken?
    You are probably correct. I haven't dug into that much yet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    2005-08-11
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,395
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Quote Originally Posted by chillyjim View Post
    Barry you its never that easy with Check Point....

    R60 HFA04
    Add VoIP HF 2 if using VoIP

    R61 HFA01 (Includes all fixes in R60_HFA04)

    R62 (Includes all fixes in R60_HFA04)


    VoIP Hotfix is not available for R61/62. I've asked when it will be but have not gotten an answer yet.
    Thanks for the update!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    2006-07-16
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    And what do you do when you have management at NGX R61 HFA01 and the enforcement points at NGX R60 HFA04....

    Doesn't seem you can apply that to the management server, so you can't use this patch...

    John

  9. #9
    Join Date
    2005-08-29
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMH View Post
    And what do you do when you have management at NGX R61 HFA01 and the enforcement points at NGX R60 HFA04....

    Doesn't seem you can apply that to the management server, so you can't use this patch...
    Call support, bitch moan and groan. AFAIK the patch does need to be applied to the SmartCenter as well as the gateways so you lose, sorry.

    BTW It sounds like all the fixes and then some will be in the next release (fingers crossed)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    2006-07-16
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    I did call support and they are saying just the fix on the enforcement point will do it.... maybe he just didn't realize what he is saying, but hopefully I can test with one of my gateways today.

    John

  11. #11
    Join Date
    2005-08-29
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,720
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMH View Post
    I did call support and they are saying just the fix on the enforcement point will do it.... maybe he just didn't realize what he is saying, but hopefully I can test with one of my gateways today.

    John
    Cool!! Please let us know the results. I have a lot of folks holding off on R62 because of the.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    2006-07-16
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: VoIP Hotfix 2

    It doesn't work just on the enforcement points. I have a ticket open and hopefully they will have it for at least R61 HFA01 and maybe R62...

    Not holding my breath.

    John

Similar Threads

  1. Hotfix for VPN-1 R65 on splat 2.6 -Advice please
    By menz456 in forum Check Point SecurePlatform (SPLAT)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2008-11-25, 16:52
  2. Hotfix supplements
    By msarzina@yahoo.it in forum Installing And Upgrading
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2008-05-29, 10:15
  3. checkpoint sk33821 and hotfix 249
    By cciesec2006 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2008-03-17, 20:29
  4. Hotfix Help!
    By Scrif in forum Installing And Upgrading
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-11-15, 13:23
  5. Install IPSO hotfix
    By antonyso88 in forum Check Point IP Appliances and IPSO (Formerly Sold By Nokia)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-01-23, 05:45

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •