CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: No installation targets.

Default No installation targets.

Hi folks,

just returning to some Checkpoint admin within a new role and have some issues with the environment inherited, which is a pair of 4400 appliances being managed by a smart1-205 appliance. All R77.30.

• Day to day, everything appears to behave normally, SIC status shows no issues on either gateway in gui or from SmartConsole.
    • The primary cluster member logs to the management server without issue.
    • Issue 1 : Only the management server and secondary firewall are seen in the SmartView Monitor – no primary firewall.
    • Issue 2 : When I come to push a policy, the installation targets appears blank and remains so even if I go to selected targets and specifically choose the cluster.

I am inclined to go through a full restart and also reset SICs across both firewalls, but that’s only a guess and wondered if there is anything obvious I am missing.

TIA,
    MG.

Default Re: No installation targets.

Hi again,

https://community.checkpoint.com/mes...-policy-target

This was the exact issue. Correcting the version from R77 to R77.30 enabled me to see a policy target

Thanks,
    MG

backup everything, restore into VM, put evals on them.

In lab, delete primary cluster member from dashboard and then recreate it. If that works without issue do the same in production. Might not hurt to take a snapshot before doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by mg-banc View Post
    Hi folks,

just returning to some Checkpoint admin within a new role and have some issues with the environment inherited, which is a pair of 4400 appliances being managed by a smart1-205 appliance. All R77.30.

• Day to day, everything appears to behave normally, SIC status shows no issues on either gateway in gui or from SmartConsole.
    • The primary cluster member logs to the management server without issue.
    • Issue 1 : Only the management server and secondary firewall are seen in the SmartView Monitor – no primary firewall.
    • Issue 2 : When I come to push a policy, the installation targets appears blank and remains so even if I go to selected targets and specifically choose the cluster.

I am inclined to go through a full restart and also reset SICs across both firewalls, but that’s only a guess and wondered if there is anything obvious I am missing.

TIA,
    MG.
    Try clearing the SmartConsole cache files as described here:

sk100507: R77.x SmartConsole problems with Security Management Server / Multi-Domain Security Management Server
    --
    Second Edition of my "Max Power" Firewall Book
    Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com