CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Problem routing between star communities (R77.30)

Default Problem routing between star communities (R77.30)

I have two star communities configured with a common Checkpoint hub. The satellites in each community are not Checkpoint devices.

I need to route traffic from community A to community B, Hide natting both source and destination so neither community has visibility of the actual addresses they are accessing.
    I have enable routing to the centre or through the centre to other satellites, to internet and other VPN targets.
    Traffic is arriving at the hub gateway and the nat is being done, fw monitor -p all shows all stages accepted but traffic does not appear to get routed corrected.
    I have tried to use vpn_route.conf to specify the routing but this does not work with 3rd party satellites and installation of the policy fails.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Default Re: Problem routing between star communities (R77.30)

Quote Originally Posted by noqnoq View Post
    I have two star communities configured with a common Checkpoint hub. The satellites in each community are not Checkpoint devices.

I need to route traffic from community A to community B, Hide natting both source and destination so neither community has visibility of the actual addresses they are accessing.
    I have enable routing to the centre or through the centre to other satellites, to internet and other VPN targets.
    Traffic is arriving at the hub gateway and the nat is being done, fw monitor -p all shows all stages accepted but traffic does not appear to get routed corrected.
    I have tried to use vpn_route.conf to specify the routing but this does not work with 3rd party satellites and installation of the policy fails.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    I don't know if VPN Routing is possible with non-Check Point satellites, you may need to employ Policy-Based Routing (PBR) to force traffic to go the right way at the hub. Remember that the order of operations for this will be source IP antispoof check, decrypt, policy check, destination NAT, route by IP, destination IP antispoof check, source NAT, encrypt.

However what you are trying to do is a textbook example of how a route-based VPN works, but will require disabling CoreXL completely on your gateway since you are using R77.30. This CoreXL limitation is lifted in R80.10 gateway.
    --
    Second Edition of my "Max Power" Firewall Book
    Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Default Re: Problem routing between star communities (R77.30)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPeak.com View Post
    I don't know if VPN Routing is possible with non-Check Point satellites, you may need to employ Policy-Based Routing (PBR) to force traffic to go the right way at the hub. Remember that the order of operations for this will be source IP antispoof check, decrypt, policy check, destination NAT, route by IP, destination IP antispoof check, source NAT, encrypt.

However what you are trying to do is a textbook example of how a route-based VPN works, but will require disabling CoreXL completely on your gateway since you are using R77.30. This CoreXL limitation is lifted in R80.10 gateway.
    I did this using domain based VPN and 3rd party. Pfsense -> ipsec -> checkpoint -> ipsec Pfsense.

http://blog.spikefishsolutions.com/2...ay-as-hub.html

man i hope i combed that for spelling mistakes.

Pfenses terminate a vpn on the checkpoint and don't know about each other. I think the key was making sure the encryption domain of the remotes doesn't overlap (including nats) with the encryption domain of the center gateway.