CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.


Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

 

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: cphastart error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    2017-09-21
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0

    Default cphastart error

    when I do cphastart , I get this on ClusterXL

    get_mac_magic_params_from_policy: failed to fetch cluster ID from policy file
    fwha_read_boot_conf: failed to get MAC magic policy parameters.

    Do we know what this is

  2. #2
    Join Date
    2007-03-30
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: cphastart error

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica View Post
    when I do cphastart , I get this on ClusterXL

    get_mac_magic_params_from_policy: failed to fetch cluster ID from policy file
    fwha_read_boot_conf: failed to get MAC magic policy parameters.

    Do we know what this is
    Is this VSX or a normal cluster?

    Does the file $FWDIR/boot/modules/fwkern.conf exist? If so, what does it contain?
    Zimmie

  3. #3
    Join Date
    2011-08-02
    Location
    http://spikefishsolutions.com
    Posts
    1,608
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: cphastart error

    yeah sounds like maybe a type-o on fwkern.conf.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2014-12-21
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: cphastart error

    In R80.10 new auto mac magic was introduced so fwkern.conf is no longer needed.

    For reviewing the mac magic value run cpha mmagic

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2013-03-05
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: cphastart error

    I guess, that if you have several cluster, which see each other, it is still better to set the magic byte - now done by GuiDBEdit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    2006-09-26
    Posts
    3,126
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: cphastart error

    Quote Originally Posted by ilya.yusupov View Post
    In R80.10 new auto mac magic was introduced so fwkern.conf is no longer needed.

    For reviewing the mac magic value run cpha mmagic
    What happen if you have multiple clusters residing on the same subnet? do you still have to modify the fwkern.conf or $FW_BOOT_DIR/ha_boot.conf or the mac magic is completely random now?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    2006-03-08
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: cphastart error

    Why are you using this command in the first place? What are you trying to achieve?
    -------------

    Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    2013-03-05
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: cphastart error

    Quote Originally Posted by cciesec2006 View Post
    What happen if you have multiple clusters residing on the same subnet? do you still have to modify the fwkern.conf or $FW_BOOT_DIR/ha_boot.conf or the mac magic is completely random now?
    In R80.10 you have to use GUIDBEdit to set the magic, if you don't want/cannot use the auto mode.

    See https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...tionid=sk25977

Similar Threads

  1. SIC Protocol Error [ SIC error no. 300] on Check Point 1100 Appliance
    By Irek_Romaniuk in forum Check Point Series 80/1100 Appliances
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2015-05-04, 09:07
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2011-11-02, 01:50
  3. Connectra R66 File Shares over Portal error - Error: Access denied.
    By djstrattos in forum Mobile Access Blade (Formerly Connectra)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2011-09-29, 09:28
  4. Error 400 ... "Error: Access denied. ...
    By pepe51 in forum Mobile Access Blade (Formerly Connectra)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-04-25, 15:25
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-02-08, 13:35

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •