CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

I'd like to thank everyone involved for making "The CPUG Challenge" a great success.
We helped a lot of people see and learn a bit more about R80.10, while having some fun.
We will be using this success to try and bring more events to more locations soon. -E

Thread: File Shares not working when SMB1 on Windows Server is disabled/uninstalled

Default File Shares not working when SMB1 on Windows Server is disabled/uninstalled

Hello,

I have 4200 Gateway running with Gaia 77.30

We have some Fileshares presented over SSL VPN Portal.
    These are Fileshares on Windows Server 2012R2.

Since we disabled SMB1 and removed the Feature from the Server, the Shares are not accessible anymore from SSL Portal.

This is the Error Message I get:
    Error: File access failure. There was an error while trying to access the requested file. (12)

Does Checkpoint Mobile access (File Shares) only work with SMB1 ????
    The Shares are working from everywhere else that uses SMB 2 or 3...

Any Ideas?

BR
    Robert

P.S. I can reproduce this using my laptop with a file share (win10), once the Windows Feature "SMB1Protocol" is uninstalled it does not work anymore...
    It does not depend on Get-SmbServerConfiguration (EnableSMB1Protocol and EnableSMB2Protocol is true)...
    Last edited by RobertF; 2017-09-19 at 08:10. Reason: Add additional information after more testing

Default Re: File Shares not working when SMB1 on Windows Server is disabled/uninstalled

Might be worth checking sk112202 on the Check Point site.

File Shares using SMBv3 cannot be accessed using the Mobile Access Blade File Share application

•Mobile Access File Share fails to connect to server using SMBv3 only.
    •Firewall attempts to connect to the server using SMBv2 and the connection is rejected.

Mobile Access blade File Share applications do not support SMBv3

It says for ALL versions so based on that then presumably is true. However was last updated July 2016 so possibly could be an article that needs updating if has been fixed in a later version.

Based on that then would appear that SMBv2 connectivity should work as well. Is your share SMBv3 only now or does it allow SMBv2 still.

Default Re: File Shares not working when SMB1 on Windows Server is disabled/uninstalled

I have already found the sk112202, but as Server 2012R2 supports SMB v2 and v3 and we only disabled SMB v1 I thought this does not match.

As I mentioned the shares are on Windows Server 2012R2 both should be supported SMB v2 and v3.
    I can access the Shares from a 2008 Server as a client,so SMB v2 must still be allowed.

I cannot believe that nobody has Gaia 77.30 Mobile Access with File Shares deployed and Servers with 2012 R2 hosting the Fileshare...

Maybe somebody can test this that I know if it is a general issue?

Any Ideas are welcome ;)

BR
    Robert