CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

I'd like to thank everyone involved for making "The CPUG Challenge" a great success.
We helped a lot of people see and learn a bit more about R80.10, while having some fun.
We will be using this success to try and bring more events to more locations soon. -E

Thread: License Data Collector tool

Default License Data Collector tool

Has anybody used the above tool from sk88240 and moved the information into a database?
    As this tool is the one tool that can collect the actual situation data, it would be useful to be able to move this into a "inventory database" but the output is an XML file and the content for some CMA's can be quite big and difficult to parse.

Did anyone create any parsers for this?
    Regards, Maarten.
    Triple MDS on R77.30, MDS on R80.10, VSX, GAIA.

Default Re: License Data Collector tool

Quote Originally Posted by msjouw View Post
    Has anybody used the above tool from sk88240 and moved the information into a database?
    As this tool is the one tool that can collect the actual situation data, it would be useful to be able to move this into a "inventory database" but the output is an XML file and the content for some CMA's can be quite big and difficult to parse.

Did anyone create any parsers for this?
    No promises, but what are you trying to do? I've done a little with Perl and XML::Parser before.

Default Re: License Data Collector tool

What an MSP always needs to do is compare the info from the different Domains and the Usercenter and the customer contracts, in the meantime my son was able to crack it and use a PHP script to convert all the Domain XML files into 3 different CSV files, 1 for the gateway, 1 for the Blades per gateway and 1 for the Contracts per License key.
    So now I have a database that is able to show me in 1 view for each customer what the Usercenter says and what the reality shows in the MDS machines.

The only caveat was that the script by default also collects the Crash dumps and puts them into the XML file, most XML tools have a limit of 10MB and some files were above 40MB with 63 as the biggest... So we hacked the script and killed the line that adds the crash dumps.

Anyways thanks for the offer.
    Regards, Maarten.
    Triple MDS on R77.30, MDS on R80.10, VSX, GAIA.