CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: What's the point of providing SK feedback?

Default What's the point of providing SK feedback?

I have provided a simple feedback to one of the SK's and what's Check Point's answer?

We understand that this SecureKnowledge solution did not help you to resolve your issue. For further assistance, you can open a service request by logging into Check Point User Center -> "Support" tab -> "Create Service Request". You can also contact Worldwide Technical Assistance Centers at: Americas: (972) 444-6600 or International: +972-3-6115100. Our engineers will work with you to resolve the specific issue you have.

Please do not reply to this message.

My feedback
    ------------------
    The statement of "using a guest OS definition of Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 (64 bit)"; is inconsistent with the document at https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents...uide/62023.htm

I wonder what's the point of providing feedback if they are going to send people to create a SR.

This is not the first time that it happens BTW...

Just saying...

Default Re: What's the point of providing SK feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoxmunoz View Post
    I wonder what's the point of providing feedback if they are going to send people to create a SR.

This is not the first time that it happens BTW...

Just saying...
    Are you expecting more from Checkpoint? You must be living in Wonderland :-(

Kidding aside, every time I've opened a ticket with Checkpoint, it takes checkpoint at least six months to resolve the issue. One issue I had with them, it took almost a year and almost back and forth with them and finally they admitted it is a "checkpoint" problem.

The funny is that I have this issue with the R77.30 and I've worked directly with a couple of guys in R&D, Mor Aisenberg and Adam Zidker. After a few conversations with them, they just disappeared and not answering back to me and my issue is still there.

If the R&D guys behave that way, what do you expect from front line TAC :-(

Weird response, I assume person that handled it can not confirm on their own if it should be changed or not.
    I've used the feedback option 6-7 times and was never asked to create SR, but it was more obvious misstakes in my case.

Hi

While you are absolutely right about this, I'm pretty sure this was a mistake as promptly responding to customer feedback via SKs is one of the Knowledge Center team highest priorities. I can refer to numerous opposite examples of good customer experience in which customers asking questions via the SKs feedback form got their answers within less than 24 hrs.

Moreover, what I would do in such a case is would be responding back to the person who wrote the reply making sure this is not a mistake before using a "shaming" post in here as this leads to nothing positive (based on a onetime experience)

This is my personal view regarding this post.

Thanks
    Uri

It is an automated response in a case you have marked "it did not help to resolve my issue" checkbox.

AFAIK, all feedback is been working through, and changes are made if it is found useful for improving quality of the case.
    -------------

Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cciesec2006 View Post

The funny is that I have this issue with the R77.30 and I've worked directly with a couple of guys in R&D, Mor Aisenberg and Adam Zidker. After a few conversations with them, they just disappeared and not answering back to me and my issue is still there.
    (
    If you keep same attitude with them as in this forum, you cannot expect anything else, I am afraid.
    -------------

Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI

Quote Originally Posted by varera View Post
    If you keep same attitude with them as in this forum, you cannot expect anything else, I am afraid.
    I don't expect much from checkpoint anyway. I try not to involve them because I know about 90% of the time, it is a wasted effort.

My environment is about 55% checkpoint as of today. It was 100% at the beginning of the year. Hopefully, I don't have to deal with Checkpoint products in the near future :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cciesec2006 View Post
    Hopefully, I don't have to deal with Checkpoint products in the near future :-)
    Trust me, we all pray for that.
    -------------

Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI

Thanks for the comments.... Good to hear that it actually makes sense to spend some time providing feedback.

Regards

Ed

I read your comment glanced the sk and i'm not following what your getting at. Does the OVF not deploy as redhat 5 64 bit? If not what does it pick? I've always used rh5 64bit in the past which doesn't include virt drivers but r77.30 does include some of them. I'm sure r80 does as well. I'm not real sure what else that setting does though. I mean does it tweak the bios settings in anyway?

I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln by the Interwebs and Dale Carnegie.
    A drop of honey gathers more flies than a gallon of gall.
    http://phoneboy.org
    Unless otherwise noted, views expressed are my own