CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

I'd like to thank everyone involved for making "The CPUG Challenge" a great success.
We helped a lot of people see and learn a bit more about R80.10, while having some fun.
We will be using this success to try and bring more events to more locations soon. -E

Thread: Clusterxl and mc-lag

Default Clusterxl and mc-lag

Hi,

We are planning to buy a new core switch(ex9208) so we have a pair of Core Switch. Right now we have clusterxl of 2 checkpoint 12000 connect to one core switch and there's no problem With the current topology(1 core switch), the core know/have the standby/active/vip mac so the core know where to forward the traffic. In switch theres a feature mc-lag allow 1 device/switch/server connect to pair of core switch and have a active/active link. What i want is, it is possible to do clusterxl active/standby with mc-lag to pair of core switch ? Can i just config lacp/bond in the gateway and mc-lag in the core ?

Thx.

Default Re: Clusterxl and mc-lag

If understood then MC-LAGG on Juniper EX9208 is Multichassis Link Aggregation.

Not an expert on Junipers however from reading then I don't see where this would be a problem with the Check Point. Just make sure that create the Bond on the Check Point using LACP/802.3ad as opposed to the defaults.

You then use the MC-LAGG feature to create bonded interface between two interfaces on the separate Core Switches so that the Check Point see's a bonded link as well.

The MC-LAGG should then permit the Switch to handle having the MAC etc seen on both switches etc which is the purpose of MC-LAGG.

Would expect this to be transparent to the Check Point in reality.

Default Re: Clusterxl and mc-lag

Quote Originally Posted by mcnallym View Post
    If understood then MC-LAGG on Juniper EX9208 is Multichassis Link Aggregation.

Not an expert on Junipers however from reading then I don't see where this would be a problem with the Check Point. Just make sure that create the Bond on the Check Point using LACP/802.3ad as opposed to the defaults.

You then use the MC-LAGG feature to create bonded interface between two interfaces on the separate Core Switches so that the Check Point see's a bonded link as well.

The MC-LAGG should then permit the Switch to handle having the MAC etc seen on both switches etc which is the purpose of MC-LAGG.

Would expect this to be transparent to the Check Point in reality.
    Thx, thats what i think too. Hope this right