CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: No, you will not be allowed to extend your CCSM certification if it expires soon

Default No, you will not be allowed to extend your CCSM certification if it expires soon

-------------

Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

Default Re: No, you will not be allowed to extend your CCSM certification if it expires soon

Your skills related to checkpoint products are exceptional. Why do you even care about the CCSM? I don't know about you but my 2c is that having the CCSM proves nothing. The only thing it proves is that you can sit still and sanely think for a number of hours during the lab.

The same goes with CCIE certification as well. It proves nothing.

my 2c.

Default Re: No, you will not be allowed to extend your CCSM certification if it expires soon

Believe it or not, some people care about certification status. Yes, it isn't not directly related to actual experience. This is not the subject here.

The subject is about the vendor not being able to provide continuous certification that people can maintain. This is an oversight, at best.

As said in the post, people are complaining. If someone has CCSM that is about to expire, it is best to know the circumstances.
    -------------

Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

I maintain my Certification due to the fact that Check Point requires that the Check Point partners have certain numbers of Certified Employee's.

Is the only reason I bother with the Certification.

My CCSE is due for renewal this month, however I already have an R77 Exam CCSE so cannot retake those. Fortunately I have at least the opportunity of taking two of the Exams on Pearson VUE site to extend by 1 Year at which point the R80 CCSE should be out and can maintain there.

It certainly doesn't add anything for myself at a personal level.

I found taking the CCSE to be abusive.

Q. On a 3 member cluster, where 2 nodes have 1 gig of ram and one node has 512meg of ram and management installed ...
    A. aarrrrgghhh!!! who does that?!?!

I had that topology come up 3 times on the test. This was like 1.5 years ago btw.