CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.


 

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

  1. #1
    Join Date
    2014-09-02
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Current exam number is: 156-315.77
    Exam is based on: R77.30

    Check Point's Study Guide is available here (UC access controlled)


    If you have more details (length, number of questions, etc.) add them to this thread and I'll update this post.

    -E

  2. #2
    Join Date
    2013-09-25
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Hi guys,

    I passed 156-315.77 on 26 May 2015.
    Does it expire after 2 or 3 years? For renewal I have to retake same exam or can I aim for something similar - u know Cisco style: any professional exam would renew current certs.

    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    2007-06-04
    Posts
    3,177
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by laf_c View Post
    Hi guys,

    I passed 156-315.77 on 26 May 2015.
    Does it expire after 2 or 3 years? For renewal I have to retake same exam or can I aim for something similar - u know Cisco style: any professional exam would renew current certs.

    Thanks!
    2 Years is how long they last for

    Assuming your email for pearsonvue and usercentre are the same then when you login to the usercentre and goto the My Accreditations page then will tell you when your certification expires.

    http://www.pearsonvue.com/checkpoint/

    You can take 2 of the Check Pointís Accreditation/Un-proctored Exams on the above page to extend your CCSE by 1 year.

    R80 CCSE isn't out yet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2013-09-25
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnallym View Post
    2 Years is how long they last for

    Assuming your email for pearsonvue and usercentre are the same then when you login to the usercentre and goto the My Accreditations page then will tell you when your certification expires.

    http://www.pearsonvue.com/checkpoint/

    You can take 2 of the Check Pointís Accreditation/Un-proctored Exams on the above page to extend your CCSE by 1 year.

    R80 CCSE isn't out yet
    Thank you sir!
    Now I can't really find My Accreditations section. Can you advise please? (I added a screenshot)
    Suppose my certification expires on May and I retake 315.77 on January I receive 2 years starting from May or January?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	1185  

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2006-03-08
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    January.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -------------

    Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    2013-09-25
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by varera View Post
    January.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    2013-09-23
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Hi guys,
    i have a doubt about certifications. I got CCSA and it's getting expired next month, but i'd like to do a quick recap: in September 2015 I took the exam for CCSM and I passed . Checkpoint did not recognize me the certification cause it said CCSE was a mandatory requirement in order to take CCSM, and that's is true, unfortunately for me, cause in my personal profile, on checkpoint portal, there is no this certification. For this reason the support suggested me to take CCSE in order to validate and obtain CCSM. Now I'm in the similar state because in order to take CCSE, CCSA is a mandatory requirement, as checkpoint policy published on your website.
    So, my CCSA is going to expire next month, 12th March, and for this reason i think (but correct me if i'm wrong) from 13th March my CCSA is no longer valid. And as a result i won't have the prerequisite to take CCSE unless i'll take the exam before that date.

    How is your opinion about it?
    Thanks,
    Fabio

  8. #8
    Join Date
    2006-03-08
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by ruzzetto View Post
    Hi guys,
    i have a doubt about certifications. I got CCSA and it's getting expired next month, but i'd like to do a quick recap: in September 2015 I took the exam for CCSM and I passed . Checkpoint did not recognize me the certification cause it said CCSE was a mandatory requirement in order to take CCSM, and that's is true, unfortunately for me, cause in my personal profile, on checkpoint portal, there is no this certification. For this reason the support suggested me to take CCSE in order to validate and obtain CCSM. Now I'm in the similar state because in order to take CCSE, CCSA is a mandatory requirement, as checkpoint policy published on your website.
    So, my CCSA is going to expire next month, 12th March, and for this reason i think (but correct me if i'm wrong) from 13th March my CCSA is no longer valid. And as a result i won't have the prerequisite to take CCSE unless i'll take the exam before that date.

    How is your opinion about it?
    Thanks,
    Fabio
    Hi Fabio,

    I believe all your concerns are addressed in the certification FAQ doc: https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads...cation-faq.pdf

    For example:

    Q: My R70 certifications have already expired. Do I need to start over with CCSA R80 to update to
    CCSE R80?
    A: Actually, you donít. Even though your certification has expired, the eligibility for updates to the latest version has
    not. If you ever held a CCSE certification, you are eligible for the Update exam.
    -------------

    Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    2013-09-23
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    This is something different checkpoint support wrote me in the last email exchanges..... I'm a little bit confused

  10. #10
    Join Date
    2006-03-08
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by ruzzetto View Post
    This is something different checkpoint support wrote me in the last email exchanges..... I'm a little bit confused


    No need to be confused. This is an official document. Challenge your correspondent
    -------------

    Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    2013-09-23
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    That's the answer:
    "CCSA is still the prerequisite for the CCSE. Itís just you have to have the CCSA and not that itís still valid."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    2006-03-08
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by ruzzetto View Post
    That's the answer:
    "CCSA is still the prerequisite for the CCSE. Itís just you have to have the CCSA and not that itís still valid."
    So what is the problem then? There are two different statements here:

    1. CCSA is a prerequisite of CCSE
    2. One only needs to maintain the highest certification level

    In plain words, if you ever had CCSE but let it expire, according to th FAQ doc I quoted, you need to pass CCSE _upgrade_ exam. There is no contradiction here. There are usually two exams, regular and upgraded versions. Just make sure you take appropriate upgrade exam. Or, if you want it hard way, go the usual root and take both CCSA and CCSE. Up to you
    -------------

    Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

  13. #13
    Join Date
    2013-09-23
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    In my opinion the problem is i'd like to take CCSE but probably i can't do that before CCSA expiration. So, since the CCSA is a prerequisite i suppose once CCSA is expired i have to renew in order to take CCSE.

    Just my opinion, probably wrong

  14. #14
    Join Date
    2006-03-08
    Location
    Lausanne
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by ruzzetto View Post
    In my opinion the problem is i'd like to take CCSE but probably i can't do that before CCSA expiration. So, since the CCSA is a prerequisite i suppose once CCSA is expired i have to renew in order to take CCSE.

    Just my opinion, probably wrong
    Definitely wrong, and I have quoted the answer above. You can take CCSE upgrade exam even CCSA is expired, as FAQ says. Or, you can jump through all the whoots and take both CCSA and CCSE regular exams, if you like. Although that probably takes more effort.
    -------------

    Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    2013-09-23
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Red face Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Thanks Valeri for your answer

  16. #16
    Join Date
    2017-03-26
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Latest CCSE R77 exam information

    Quote Originally Posted by ruzzetto View Post
    Thanks Valeri for your answer
    Hi Ruzetto. I confirm that you don't need to have the CCSA still valid to go to the CCSE exam. Good luck!

Similar Threads

  1. Latest CCSA R77 exam information
    By EricAnderson in forum CCSA R77
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2016-12-21, 12:21
  2. Latest CCSA R80 exam information
    By EricAnderson in forum CCSA R80
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2016-12-19, 14:48
  3. How to prepare for the latest CCSE R77 exam ?
    By Gamer_35 in forum CCSE R75 Exam 156-315.75
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2016-04-11, 20:43
  4. Latest TK for CCSE
    By kaps_1679 in forum CCSE NGX Exam 156-315.1 (No Longer Offered)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-01-21, 01:08
  5. I will take CCSE exam in next month, who have the latest testking?
    By huggins in forum CCSE NGX Exam 156-315.1 (No Longer Offered)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-09-13, 11:15

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •