CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Latest CCSA R80 exam information

Default Latest CCSA R80 exam information

Current exam number is: 156-215.80
    Exam is based on: R80

If you have more details (length, number of questions, etc.) add them to this thread and I'll update this post.

-E

Default Re: Latest CCSA R80 exam information

Hi,
    no one took this exam?

90 minutes to complete 100 questions, all multiple-choice at this level at least. 80% of the exam material comes right out of the official lecture and lab books, remaining 20% are real-world questions that may or may not be touched on in the official material. The best study resources are the official ones on Check Point's website, but here are some semi-unofficial ones that can still be downloaded from Check Point's website that are old but sure can't hurt:

Older but still useful study resources (including practice exams!):

http://www.checkpoint.com/download/d...StudyGuide.pdf

http://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/...tudy-guide.pdf

http://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/...ctice-exam.zip

Also there is now the option to take this exam online but still proctored with a webcam. See vue.com for more details.
    --
    Second Edition of my "Max Power" Firewall Book
    Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Question Re: Latest CCSA R80 exam information

Next week i've a scheduled training for CCSE R80.10 and I saw that the course material is delivered as "Check Point e-Kits" via Capsule Docs.
    Has anyone used these and can share their experience with this delivery mechanism?
    Does Check Point allow to print the documentation or can the courseware also be provided in printed form on request?

Personally I'm used to read longer texts on paper, so a digital only reading experience would be quite disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
    Next week i've a scheduled training for CCSE R80.10 and I saw that the course material is delivered as "Check Point e-Kits" via Capsule Docs.
    Has anyone used these and can share their experience with this delivery mechanism?
    Does Check Point allow to print the documentation or can the courseware also be provided in printed form on request?

Personally I'm used to read longer texts on paper, so a digital only reading experience would be quite disappointing.
    Check Point discontinued physical coursebooks at the end of February this year, prior to that the student could choose either hardcopy or e-copy. The e-kits are DRM-protected and must be viewed in the Check Point Capsule Docs viewer software. The material cannot be printed. Another limitation for online classes is that if the student is using the same system to attend the online class and view the course material, the student is not allowed to take a screenshot/PrintScreen of anything (including any annotations/drawings performed by the instructor in the class) as long as the Capsule Docs Viewer is running. The student system also must have Internet access to open the courseware.
    --
    Second Edition of my "Max Power" Firewall Book
    Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPeak.com View Post
    Check Point discontinued physical coursebooks at the end of February this year, prior to that the student could choose either hardcopy or e-copy. The e-kits are DRM-protected and must be viewed in the Check Point Capsule Docs viewer software. The material cannot be printed. Another limitation for online classes is that if the student is using the same system to attend the online class and view the course material, the student is not allowed to take a screenshot/PrintScreen of anything (including any annotations/drawings performed by the instructor in the class) as long as the Capsule Docs Viewer is running. The student system also must have Internet access to open the courseware.
    Have to remind you that Capsule Docs is still not working on Mac. Windows experience is also mediocre. 100% students give not really encouraging feedback concerning their own experience with the viewer.

I personally believe discontinuing paper books was a mistake.
    -------------

Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPeak.com View Post
    *sigh* this sounds so stupid on so many levels. Linux users (or VM users in general) who have to run Capsule Docs in a Windows VM can still screenshot everything, so why do it in the first place? The course is not exactly cheap and now they expect me to read a what, like 600(?) pages document, on a 11" notebook monitor or use my personal tablet which I strictly separated from business use? Tablets and monitors are imho poor for reading, closest there is would be a kindle like device.

All this reminds me of a training with another partner where the training docs were made so you couldn't screenshot them. They blacked the whole page and only through a slit, ~3 lines of height, which could be moved up and down, you could "read" the content.

Quote Originally Posted by varera View Post
    ... Windows experience is also mediocre. 100% students give not really encouraging feedback concerning their own experience with the viewer.

I personally believe discontinuing paper books was a mistake.
    I just got my hands on the capsule protected document and I agree the experience is underwhelming.
    I cannot print (no print button to start with)
    I cannot copy paste. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of copy/paste worthy strings, like URLs, in the course book.
    I cannot screenshot with the Windows built in function, but capturing with a third party app works fine.

The font kerning for text examples is sometimes totally off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broken fonts.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	1355

I just wonder why not offer a printout, why should I switch windows all the time in labs.

EDIT: I found the print button and printing (to pdf) works. So ignore all my ramblings.
    Last edited by Christoph; 2017-11-23 at 09:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
    I just got my hands on the capsule protected document and I agree the experience is underwhelming.
    I cannot print (no print button to start with)
    I cannot copy paste. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of copy/paste worthy strings, like URLs, in the course book.
    I cannot screenshot with the Windows built in function, but capturing with a third party app works fine.

The font kerning for text examples is sometimes totally off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broken fonts.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	1355

I just wonder why not offer a printout, why should I switch windows all the time in labs.

EDIT: I found the print button and printing (to pdf) works. So ignore all my ramblings.
    That is some impressively janky kerning. Does the PDF still have the characters positioned like that?
    Zimmie

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Zimmerman View Post
    That is some impressively janky kerning. Does the PDF still have the characters positioned like that?
    Yes it does, but these examples do not happen that often in the document.

The strange thing is, now the print option vanished (again?) from the capsule client, after restarting it.