Exciting news item #1: Due to popular request, this week's CPUG MERGE event will be streamed online!
While we won't guarantee it'll be as good as being in Rochester in person (especially since you'll miss out on the free food and drink), the content should be well worth it.
Upon registering here
, you'll be sent information on how to attend via GoToWebinar. We'll be broadcasting our presentations and panel discussion for everyone, and accepting questions online as well.
Exciting news item #2: We've lined up Check Point's Ariel Shuper as a guest presenter!
Ariel is Product Manager for R80, and will be explaining the joys of "Layers"
More info below...
Here are the full agenda and registration links:
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
2:30-5:00pm (EST, or GMT-5)
2:30-3:00 – Welcome and Introductions
* What is CPUG?3:00-4:00 - Special Guest Presenter: Ariel Shuper, Check Point Product Manager for R80 (Even if you can't attend the full event, don't miss this!)
* Ariel will be guiding us on a dive into the new realm of “Layers”4:00-5:00 - Open panel discussion on whatever topics interest the audience (we’ll have some ideas ready to help spur conversation).
* Learn what are layers today, and how to use them
* Learn about the upcoming Unification, Segregation, and Sub-policy options in R80.10
* Learn how this impacts both security and performance
* Following Ariel’s tour of cool new stuff, we’ll keep him around for a bit of Q&A
Panelists scheduled to participate (we’re all engineers, so this may change):
* Ariel Shuper, our esteemed guest speaker (see above)
* Elie Klein, Check Point Security Engineer extraordinaire
* Valeri Loukine, blogger and CPUG legend (as well as our Ambassador to Europe)
* Eric Anderson, just me
* we may have some others stop by, based on availability
Register for online streaming here: https://cpug-merge-online-201611.eventbrite.com/
Register to attend in person here: https://cpug-merge-roc-201611.eventbrite.com/
See you all tomorrow!