CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: Smart monitor Issues

Default Smart monitor Issues

HI I have a R77.20 deployment with 4 paired gateways, at a remote branch we were required to change the IP's of the one HA cluster pair, both the management and Internal IP's this was done and the cluster IP created, and traffic appears to be working fine accros it, can push policy check events etc, however ever since the IP change on smart Monitoring the Firewalls show disconnected, but when you click refresh they come up for a few seconds and the shows to disconnected again, any suggestions on how to fix this or where to start looking. at first I thought it could be due to slow response or QOS on the new wan links, however was previously managing the environment fine accross the same links.the gateways and manager are on R77.20

Default Re: Smart monitor Issues

Quote Originally Posted by daviddc View Post
    HI I have a R77.20 deployment with 4 paired gateways, at a remote branch we were required to change the IP's of the one HA cluster pair, both the management and Internal IP's this was done and the cluster IP created, and traffic appears to be working fine accros it, can push policy check events etc, however ever since the IP change on smart Monitoring the Firewalls show disconnected, but when you click refresh they come up for a few seconds and the shows to disconnected again, any suggestions on how to fix this or where to start looking. at first I thought it could be due to slow response or QOS on the new wan links, however was previously managing the environment fine accross the same links.the gateways and manager are on R77.20
    When the SmartView Monitor is showing incorrect information, you typically need to clear the SmartConsole cache on the Security Management Server which involves deleting the CPMILinksMgr.db* and applications.C* files. See sk100507 for the supported procedure to do this.
    --
    Third Edition of my "Max Power 2020" Firewall Book
    Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com