CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Check Point Packet Injector

Default Check Point Packet Injector

Check Point's Packet Injector (or "Pinj", for short) utility enables you to test rule-base enforcement on Security Gateway for specific connections.
    It's similar in concept to Cisco's Packet Tracer.

Check Point's Packet Injector utility is supported on Security Gateways R77 / R77.10 / R77.20 and R77.30 running on Gaia OS.

The utility is executed on the Security Gateway, simulating packets arriving from the sender on their way to the target host. After the packets are sent, Packet Injector listens for response packets from the target host back to the sender passing through the Security Gateway, letting the user know they arrived.

Packet Injector supports sending TCP SYN, ICMP Request and UDP packets.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...ionid=sk110865
    http://phoneboy.org
    Unless otherwise noted, views expressed are my own

Default Re: Check Point Packet Injector

nice one, could help a lot when preparing policies!

Today I was able to use this tool for testing a new tunnel we needed to build, as a replcement for a tunnel on a old Juniper. The customer did not know anything about what was running through this tunnel and therefor was unable to do any testing (which is a problem with 50% of the tunnels we prepare).
    using pinj we were able to initiate interesting traffic which started the tunnel.

Perfect!!
    Regards, Maarten.
    Triple MDS on R77.30, MDS on R80.10, VSX, GAIA.

Quote Originally Posted by msjouw View Post
    Today I was able to use this tool for testing a new tunnel we needed to build, as a replcement for a tunnel on a old Juniper. The customer did not know anything about what was running through this tunnel and therefor was unable to do any testing (which is a problem with 50% of the tunnels we prepare).
    using pinj we were able to initiate interesting traffic which started the tunnel.

Perfect!!
    Thanks for reminding us about this. I've installed it, play with then forgot about it : ))