CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

I'd like to thank everyone involved for making "The CPUG Challenge" a great success.
We helped a lot of people see and learn a bit more about R80.10, while having some fun.
We will be using this success to try and bring more events to more locations soon. -E

Thread: SIP + dst nat == fix up headers?

Default SIP + dst nat == fix up headers?

Does anyone know if the server side of a SIP session should have headers rewritten? I have a src and dst nat ( i know, asking for trouble ). I can see the client headers are being rewritten correctly, but the server side isn't. For example the contact: field in the message header has the server's real address and not the nat IP of the the server. To be clear the IP (layer 3) of the server was correctly natted.

If i can't get this to work right i think i'm going to have to do a double vpn. Haven't done that before but its all setup in a lab replication so i have a play ground setup.

assuming i'm goin double vpn this is what i'm thinking.

phone fw1 < -VPN1 -> fw2 < - VPN2 - > sip server

where vpn1 is really across the internal network and VPN2 is across the inet.

I'll take my answer off air, thanks!

Default Re: SIP + dst nat == fix up headers?

So in my case the destination is a proxy as all the phones call the voip server and thus a dest nat. Once support cleared that up definition they pointed me back to the nat restrictions SK and it says its not supported (could be bidirectional or proxy nat).