CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: Trying to Compile on a Nokia IP260 & IPSO 4.2

Default Trying to Compile on a Nokia IP260 & IPSO 4.2

In my ongoing efforts to find new use for an IP260, I have made some interesting discoveries, and tried (and failed) to get coreboot on to the device. The failure point on coreboot was simply that there wasn't any thing compiled for IPSO 4.2. Here, I document my efforts to compile binaries on IPSO 4.2:
    http://jonmoore.duckdns.org/index.ph...sec&Itemid=225

Default Re: Trying to Compile on a Nokia IP260 & IPSO 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by jdmoore0883 View Post
    In my ongoing efforts to find new use for an IP260, I have made some interesting discoveries, and tried (and failed) to get coreboot on to the device. The failure point on coreboot was simply that there wasn't any thing compiled for IPSO 4.2. Here, I document my efforts to compile binaries on IPSO 4.2:
    http://jonmoore.duckdns.org/index.ph...sec&Itemid=225
    Awesome bit of hacking sir.

A few things.. for now if i were you i would stop trying to use make. You instead should be testing compiling helloworld.c with gcc to see if the compiler even works. Even if make is working it won't help if the compiler can't produce an executable that will run correctly.

Assuming it does i think you may want to look at downloading the source for gnumake. I think something close to 3.82 or so should be your target. Once you have that you'll have a make program that has a chance of working. Not to say there is anything wrong with bsd make but there are cases where Makefiles are written for gnumake not bsdmake.