CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: NOT cpugcon, but a step in the right direction (or) Who's going to CPX?

Default NOT cpugcon, but a step in the right direction (or) Who's going to CPX?

Now that dates and locations for CPX have been announced (29-30 April in Amsterdam and 7-8 May in Washington, DC), who's planning to attend?

I may be putting the cart before the horse, but hypothetically, if we were to host a cpug get together a day before or after CPX, how many of you would join us? The idea would be for those attending CPX to plan to arrive a bit early or maybe stay a day later and spend some time networking with and learning from other cpug members. We have some cool ideas in the works, but I'd like to measure your overall interest. Think less sales and more tech - I'm strongly considering declaring it a "PowerPoint free zone".

This is not a replacement for cpugcon (which is still planned), but rather a compliment to CPX, where I expect many of us will be anyway. The interest and success could actually help drive and improve cpugcon.

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas here or via PM.

-E

Default Re: NOT cpugcon, but a step in the right direction (or) Who's going to CPX?

Hello Eric,

I will attend CPX in Amsterdam. Because I am extremely busy, I cannot come earlier or rest longer. So, I could only join a "cpug-IN-cpx" session on the evening of the first day.

Kind regards,
    Yasushi

Default Re: NOT cpugcon, but a step in the right direction (or) Who's going to CPX?

Quote Originally Posted by Yasushi Kono View Post
    I will attend CPX in Amsterdam. Because I am extremely busy, I cannot come earlier or rest longer. So, I could only join a "cpug-IN-cpx" session on the evening of the first day.
    Good feedback, thanks. I think the problem is that Check Point usually has a significant event that evening and we don't want to dilute attendance or compete with that. Still, the more feedback we get, the better. Whether we do it formally or not (and whether I attend Amsterdam or not), we can arrange a simple time and location for cpug members to have a pint or two. The first one's on me.

-E