CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

I'd like to thank everyone involved for making "The CPUG Challenge" a great success.
We helped a lot of people see and learn a bit more about R80.10, while having some fun.
We will be using this success to try and bring more events to more locations soon. -E

Thread: 156-820.77 CCMSE Exam

Default 156-820.77 CCMSE Exam

Has anyone taken this exam yet? If so, any insights on it would be appreciated as there is no study guide on Check Point´s website for it.

Thanks.

Default Re: 156-820.77 CCMSE Exam

Quote Originally Posted by casbot View Post
    Has anyone taken this exam yet? If so, any insights on it would be appreciated as there is no study guide on Check Point´s website for it.

Thanks.
    Hi Casbot,

in my opinion, the CCMSE exam is the most challenging one. Not all of the topics are covered in the course book.

Besides of fundamentals, they are asking you more sophisticated things. Namely, one question is about QoS in a VSX environment. You know that the configuration for that is totally different from the ordinary QoS rules created with SmartDashboard. And you have to know the limitations of QoS.

Then, you have to know what processes are multi-context ones and which single-context services.

Other questions focusses on the CA instances on an MDSM environment. How many CAs do you expect to have in a MDSM system with multiple DMSses, and so forth.

And if you configure tagged VLANs, what is the format of its header in detail (!!).

Partially, those pieces of information could be extracted from the coursebook, but not all.

Hopefully, it helps.

Kind regards,
    Yasushi

Hi Yasushi,

Have u cracked that...!!

Arjun
    Thanx
    Arjun

Hi All,

Can anyone tell 156-820.77 CCMSE Exam is release, I searched questions/answer for this. But no luck.

Thanx
    Arjun
    Thanx
    Arjun

Quote Originally Posted by sawant.arjun@gmail.com View Post
    Hi All,

Can anyone tell 156-820.77 CCMSE Exam is release, I searched questions/answer for this. But no luck.

Thanx
    Arjun
    I can see this exam as available and able to be scheduled at vue.com. Don't recall ever seeing a study guide or practice exam available from Check Point for this one.
    --
    My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
    now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasushi Kono View Post
    Hi Casbot,

in my opinion, the CCMSE exam is the most challenging one. Not all of the topics are covered in the course book.

Besides of fundamentals, they are asking you more sophisticated things. Namely, one question is about QoS in a VSX environment. You know that the configuration for that is totally different from the ordinary QoS rules created with SmartDashboard. And you have to know the limitations of QoS.

Then, you have to know what processes are multi-context ones and which single-context services.

Other questions focusses on the CA instances on an MDSM environment. How many CAs do you expect to have in a MDSM system with multiple DMSses, and so forth.

And if you configure tagged VLANs, what is the format of its header in detail (!!).

Partially, those pieces of information could be extracted from the coursebook, but not all.

Hopefully, it helps.

Kind regards,
    Yasushi
    Yeah Im seeing this. Im not seeing anything about QoS in the official study guide, but the R77 VSX Admin Guide has it. So, like the CCSM book, definitely need other resources to aid in studying. :)

Robert