CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

** Announcing the #CPUGchallenge **

I'm very happy to announce that CPUG will be hosting "The CPUG Challenge" during CPX this year.
It promises to be a fun and interesting event that will test (and maybe even expand) your knowledge of Check Point.
Whether or not you plan to attend CPX, we have something for you. Please check out this post or the CPUGchallenge.com web site for more information. -E

Thread: Official EPS course

Default Official EPS course

All, who is doing this training?

I was preparing it to a customer and found out that the courseware and labs are grossly outdated.

The course is based on E80 plain, which is very old. With E80.50 or E80.60 looks and feel, and especially the processes are completely different.

So here is the question. How do you manage to deliver this course to your students?
    -------------

Valeri Loukine
    CCMA, CCSM, CCSI
    http://checkpoint-master-architect.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Official EPS course

Quote Originally Posted by varera View Post
    All, who is doing this training?

I was preparing it to a customer and found out that the courseware and labs are grossly outdated.

The course is based on E80 plain, which is very old. With E80.50 or E80.60 looks and feel, and especially the processes are completely different.

So here is the question. How do you manage to deliver this course to your students?
    I was part of the R70 beta (yes, they still used the "R" instead of "E") back in '08. I think we only ran that class once. Demand just hasn't been there since, and I don't even see the endpoint classes listed on the CP Training and Certification site anymore.

I too would be very interested to hear if any ATC's are still running them, or if there are any potential students looking for them.

-E

Quote Originally Posted by EricAnderson View Post
    I was part of the R70 beta (yes, they still used the "R" instead of "E") back in '08. I think we only ran that class once. Demand just hasn't been there since, and I don't even see the endpoint classes listed on the CP Training and Certification site anymore.

I too would be very interested to hear if any ATC's are still running them, or if there are any potential students looking for them.

-E
    Shadow Peak has never run an EPS course. I've had 2-3 inquires over the last 7 years or so which is not enough to justify setting up and running the course.

Quote Originally Posted by EricAnderson View Post
    Demand just hasn't been there since, and I don't even see the endpoint classes listed on the CP Training and Certification site anymore.
    Well, it looks like the course is back on the CP site. Still the same outdated offering, but I can confirm that CP is aware of the need for an update. How much of a priority it is may be a different story.

-E