CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Custom Partition Layout?

Default Custom Partition Layout?

Anyone know if its possibe to bypass the default partition layout? I have lab machines i'm working on and i really don't want to use diskspace_required x 2 just because checkpoint thinks i need a giant partition for backups/snapshots/whatever its using it for.

I know i can put in values for / and logging. I just want nothing or very minimal for that backup partition. Its for a lab and i really don't need it.

Default Re: customer partition?

Quote Originally Posted by jflemingeds View Post
    Anyone know if its possibe to bypass the default partition layout? I have lab machines i'm working on and i really don't want to use diskspace_required x 2 just because checkpoint thinks i need a giant partition for backups/snapshots/whatever its using it for.

I know i can put in values for / and logging. I just want nothing or very minimal for that backup partition. Its for a lab and i really don't need it.
    Dear CPUG gods, please accept this offering of a bug report in exchange for changing the title of this post to "custom partition layout" for i am low of coffee, easy of distration and i walk through the valley of the objects of shinny.

Everytime i'm editing a post all the edit icones aren't showing and the text box for replies are expanded outside of the frame of the website if that makes sense.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...tionid=sk94671

This has some info on resizing the LVs, if you scroll past the VMWare stuff.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...ionid=sk100329

This one talks about shrinking /var/log to make more room for snapshots, though I wrote it before I knew about lvm_manager, so maybe that process is a little more involved than it needs to be. In any case, it can be changed to expand an LV instead. Looking up generic instructions for shrinking or expanding a logical volume in Linux seems to have good results, even if you don't end up using whatever tools Check Point has for this.

Quote Originally Posted by jflemingeds View Post
    Dear CPUG gods, please accept this offering of a bug report in exchange for changing the title of this post to "custom partition layout" for i am low of coffee, easy of distraction and i walk through the valley of the objects of shinny.

Every time i'm editing a post all the edit icons aren't showing and the text box for replies are expanded outside of the frame of the website if that makes sense.
    I've changed the title of this thread as you've requested.
    Can you tell me more about the problem you're seeing, like which browser, what's your screen resolution, etc.? I'm not seeing this nor have I heard from anyone else about it, and the vBulletin software we're using otherwise seems very mature and stable.
    Barry J. Stiefel ("Stee-ful" or "Shtee-ful")
    B.S., MBA, CCSA/CCSE/CCSE+/CCSI
    Resilience RCSE/RCSI, Fortinet FCSE
    CISSP, MCSE, NSA ISM
    Founder of CPUG
    Founder of CPUG University

Default Re: Custom Partition Layout?

Thanks CCC i'll check that out.

Thanks for the subject edit.

I'm seeing this in IE 9. I'll try a few things and see if it happen from home as well later today. Could be $work proxy as well.