CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: R76 Install/Upgrade

Default R76 Install/Upgrade

Hi,

I have two gateway R67.10 in cluster and I want to upgrade with R76.
    Is it require to install R76 from scratch or is there any way to upgrade?

If it is install from scratch, then how can I restore my previous gateway backup and also how communicate with management server?

Thanx...
    Thanx
    Arjun

Default Re: R76 Install/Upgrade

Where's your management server? The upgrade / rebuild procedure is different if you're not in a distributed configuration.

The general consensus is to rebuild gateways if you can. I realize that's not possible in a couple different situations, but since you're so far back in versions I would recommend doing a clean install. For security gateways it's faster for me to rebuild the config by hand. With Gaia it is much easier to restore a config than it was with SecurePlatform. Also, unless you're doing IPv6 I would probably recommend sticking to R75.46, but that's up to you.
    Its all in the documentation.

Hi,

Thanx for your reply....
    We have distributed configuration, Two gateway (R67.10) cluster which are managed by Multidomain management server.
    I have follow the document "Installation and Upgrade Guide R76" Page 162..Upgrading ClutsreXL Deplyoment.

I have install hotfix on one of cluster member, but after that as per document required to install R76 on one clutser member.

That I am not able to install R76 over R67.10.
    I mount "Check_Point_Install_and_Upgrade_R76.Gaia.iso" imgae (Size=1.43GB) for CD ROM on VM for booting with this image.
    But when I start/Reboot the virtual machine, it start with its existing image (R67.10).

What could be the issue? why R76 installation not starting?
    is the image is wrong or process somewhere going wrong..??

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by melipla View Post
    Where's your management server? The upgrade / rebuild procedure is different if you're not in a distributed configuration.

The general consensus is to rebuild gateways if you can. I realize that's not possible in a couple different situations, but since you're so far back in versions I would recommend doing a clean install. For security gateways it's faster for me to rebuild the config by hand. With Gaia it is much easier to restore a config than it was with SecurePlatform. Also, unless you're doing IPv6 I would probably recommend sticking to R75.46, but that's up to you.
    Thanx
    Arjun

Hi,

Issue got resolved...
    set boot sequence as CD ROM...

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by sawant.arjun@gmail.com View Post
    Hi,

Thanx for your reply....
    We have distributed configuration, Two gateway (R67.10) cluster which are managed by Multidomain management server.
    I have follow the document "Installation and Upgrade Guide R76" Page 162..Upgrading ClutsreXL Deplyoment.

I have install hotfix on one of cluster member, but after that as per document required to install R76 on one clutser member.

That I am not able to install R76 over R67.10.
    I mount "Check_Point_Install_and_Upgrade_R76.Gaia.iso" imgae (Size=1.43GB) for CD ROM on VM for booting with this image.
    But when I start/Reboot the virtual machine, it start with its existing image (R67.10).

What could be the issue? why R76 installation not starting?
    is the image is wrong or process somewhere going wrong..??

Thanx
    Thanx
    Arjun