CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: How to prevent SmartUpdate to install license when adding it to repository?

Default How to prevent SmartUpdate to install license when adding it to repository?

Hello,

When you add a CENTRAL Firewall Blade license either from Add License-->From File... or Add License-->Manually, the license is automatically installed on the Management. But it must be installed on a gateway!
    Then, you need to detach the license from the management, and attach it to the gateway.
    However, the management received a Firewall license during a few seconds, and on my experience, it is crashing the management! I am running R75.40.

Kind regards,

Default Re: How to prevent SmartUpdate to install license when adding it to repository?

Quote Originally Posted by chkpjth View Post
    Hello,

When you add a CENTRAL Firewall Blade license either from Add License-->From File... or Add License-->Manually, the license is automatically installed on the Management. But it must be installed on a gateway!
    Then, you need to detach the license from the management, and attach it to the gateway.
    However, the management received a Firewall license during a few seconds, and on my experience, it is crashing the management! I am running R75.40.

Kind regards,
    You can use old know *cplic put* command on gateway.

Default Re: How to prevent SmartUpdate to install license when adding it to repository?

When you say add a Central Firewall Blade then is this simply a Firewall Blade, in that you can purchase individual blades. Or are you talking about adding a complete license that contains the container and blades for functionality. Blades need to be added into a container first for use with Check Point. As such are you talking about a single blade or is the blade already attached to a container and it is putting the container and blade onto the Management Server.

When I add a Central License for a Gateway to the SmartUpdate Repository then all that gets added to the Management is the Advanced Networking Blade and Acceleration Blades. These licenses do sit on the Management Server. The actual blades that reside on the Gateway go into the repository but are not attached to anything.

For instance was upgrading some very old Firewall Only licenses to Blades and that gives you a 203 container which is 2 core 3 blade license FW / IPS and IA. Needed to upgrade an Encryption Addon which then gives you a purely VPN Blade. I needed to attach the VPN Blade to the 203 container to put the license into SmartUpdate correctly.