CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: No VPN Policy - big problem for MEPP

Default No VPN Policy - big problem for MEPP

Hi all,
    i'm stuck into big problem with new E80 client and server.
    The problem is - there is no VPN Policy which can be attached to clients connecting through VPN to the company (there are only Connected, Disconnected and Restriced assignements to policies).
    I'll describe what is the core problem of that:
    1) we have Connected policy which denies users to use any kind of modems
    2) when the client goes out of the office - the client is atached Disconnected policy - which allows use of modems (like USB GSM modems for example)
    3) when the client then connects to the internal network through VPN using any kind of modem (in this example USB GSM) the connection is fine until ... the client gets Connected policy (about 30 sec.) and then the modem is turned off :( Connection with the site and internet are broken, client receives Disconnected policy once again and ... can use the modem till connected with VPN.

I have spoken with CheckPoint - through our resseler - and there is no resolution to this kind of problem till now (this was working fine with previous version R73, with VPN Policy in place, which i recommend to all of you till the problem is resolved).

Default Re: No VPN Policy - big problem for MEPP

Quote Originally Posted by Guard View Post
    Hi all,
    i'm stuck into big problem with new E80 client and server.
    The problem is - there is no VPN Policy which can be attached to clients connecting through VPN to the company (there are only Connected, Disconnected and Restriced assignements to policies).
    I'll describe what is the core problem of that:
    1) we have Connected policy which denies users to use any kind of modems
    2) when the client goes out of the office - the client is atached Disconnected policy - which allows use of modems (like USB GSM modems for example)
    3) when the client then connects to the internal network through VPN using any kind of modem (in this example USB GSM) the connection is fine until ... the client gets Connected policy (about 30 sec.) and then the modem is turned off :( Connection with the site and internet are broken, client receives Disconnected policy once again and ... can use the modem till connected with VPN.

I have spoken with CheckPoint - through our resseler - and there is no resolution to this kind of problem till now (this was working fine with previous version R73, with VPN Policy in place, which i recommend to all of you till the problem is resolved).
    Hi,

You can define network range that matching your office mode pool and assign VPN policy per newtork (OM pool).

/d

Quote Originally Posted by DemilicH View Post
    Hi,

You can define network range that matching your office mode pool and assign VPN policy per newtork (OM pool).

/d
    ??

??
    You can use dedicated policy to the Office Mode IP according to sk61024:

"VPN gateway policies are available by configuring a dedicated policy to the Office Mode IP range. "

You can use dedicated policy to the Office Mode IP according to sk61024:

"VPN gateway policies are available by configuring a dedicated policy to the Office Mode IP range. "
    Ok - thx, why CHP Support didn't tell me about that possibility ?

Beside that, with this resolution i can see a problem when client home netowrk will interfere with defined Office Mode network. Am i right ?

I'll try this and let you now if it is working or not.
    Thank you

Ok - thx, why CHP Support didn't tell me about that possibility ?

Beside that, with this resolution i can see a problem when client home netowrk will interfere with defined Office Mode network. Am i right ?

I'll try this and let you now if it is working or not.
    Thank you
    If client home network conflicts with Office Mode network you will have routing / IP assignment issues on OS level. But this is different issue than the one we discussing here. You must use office mode with E80 VPN clients.

/d

If client home network conflicts with Office Mode network you will have routing / IP assignment issues on OS level. But this is different issue than the one we discussing here. You must use office mode with E80 VPN clients.

/d
    Hi, thanks for pointing me to this solution - i don't know why supporters from CHP didn't point me to it. If it was i won't be so angry and don't frustrate to the product as in my first post here :(
    It is wokring fine with Network range - "VPN" policy is attached to the client.
    Once again many thanks :)