CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: SmartCenter as Certificate Server for Cisco DMVPN Routers

Default SmartCenter as Certificate Server for Cisco DMVPN Routers

Guys,
    One of my company's customers have decided to replace their Checkpoint branch firewalls to Cisco routers that will be configured for DMVPN. They have Checkpoint gateways however at their Data Center and DR Site. Is it possible for the DMVPN routers to use the SmartCenter Server as their certificate authority? If so, what is required from the Smartcenter server's configuration? Has anyone done this?

Default Re: SmartCenter as Certificate Server for Cisco DMVPN Routers

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Guys,
    One of my company's customers have decided to replace their Checkpoint branch firewalls to Cisco routers that will be configured for DMVPN. They have Checkpoint gateways however at their Data Center and DR Site. Is it possible for the DMVPN routers to use the SmartCenter Server as their certificate authority? If so, what is required from the Smartcenter server's configuration? Has anyone done this?
    Please elaborate on what you're trying to do. Not sure what you're trying to achieve here. DMVPN is a cisco technology, not checkpoint technology. Are you trying to implement DMVPN with CA by using the SmartCenter as the CA server?

Yes, thats exactly what i would like to achieve. I have expericence using an IOS CA before. I was wondering if it is indeed possible to use the Smartcenter as the CA for the Cisco Routers and if there is any documentation you know of that can provide a guide to implementing it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Yes, thats exactly what i would like to achieve. I have expericence using an IOS CA before. I was wondering if it is indeed possible to use the Smartcenter as the CA for the Cisco Routers and if there is any documentation you know of that can provide a guide to implementing it.
    First of all, I don't think it is even supported (I've never tried this before). I dont' think it will work either. The real issue is support. If you run into issues, neither Cisco nor Checkpoint will even touch this.

If you're going to implement DMVPN using CA, my suggestion is to use Microsoft CA because it is much easier to implement, even easier than using Cisco IOS CA. I've tried a few DMVPN with Microsoft CA
    when I was preparing for the CCIE Security lab and I can tell you the setup takes about 10 minutes to implement.

my 2c

Thanks very much for this advice.