1. Protecting your privacy
2. Data we collect
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic web server authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- CPUG does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If CPUG learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, CPUG will remove that post.
- CPUG, or people who post on CPUG, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
3. Data we store
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on CPUG's forums that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs may collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the CPUG site, and to otherwise provide our Service to you.
4. Circumstances in which CPUG may release information
- All forum postings may be stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records may be stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
- CPUG may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
5. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of CPUG we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We welcome your feedback on this document at admin ((at)) cpug ((dot)) org.