CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: Strange NAT problem. Both the firewalls internal and external addresses used

Default Strange NAT problem. Both the firewalls internal and external addresses used

I have a strange problem on a IP295 running IPSO 4.2. Our proxy server is natted behind the firewall and (almost) all outgoing requests work as expected with the proxy natted behind the firewalls external address. However, outgoing requests to two specific servers, from the same proxy server are natted behind the firewalls LAN address.

All requests go through the same firewall rule and the same NAT rule, but for some reason or other the ones to the two specific servers are natted behind the firewalls LAN address (and then dropped because the address is spoofed).

Any thoughts on what may cause this?

Regards,

Peter

Default Re: Strange NAT problem. Both the firewalls internal and external addresses used

How have you configured the NAT rule? To hide behind the outgoing gateway, or are you hiding behind a specific object that represents the firewall?

Doublecheck your routing table, in case there are some other routes for those servers, that point out a different interface.

Default Re: Strange NAT problem. Both the firewalls internal and external addresses used

I think you hit the head of the nail there. Found an old static route for the subnet the two servers are in. Will remove it and see if this fixes the problem. Out next week, so will not report back until week after.

Regards,

Peter

Yep, sounds like that should fix it.