CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: Can't push updates: INTERNAL ERROR in execval: optimization disabld: displcmt too lrg

Default Can't push updates: INTERNAL ERROR in execval: optimization disabld: displcmt too lrg

Hi All,

We currently discovered that we are unable to push policy with errors noted as below. We’ve been running with our current management/gw software versions for some time without incident. Management server is R71 SPLAT.

The gateways are 2 R65 hfa60 SPLAT devices configured in active/active cluster mode.

Error is as follows on policy push:
    NGX R65 Network Security "/opt/CPNGXCMP-R71/conf/updates.def", line 62615: INTERNAL ERROR in execval: optimization disabled: displacement too large

NGX R65 Network Security "/opt/CPNGXCMP-R71/conf/updates.def", line 62615: INTERNAL ERROR in execval: optimization disabled: displacement too large

NGX R65 Network Security "/opt/CPNGXCMP-R71/conf/PROV-CLUSTER.pf", line 122813: INTERNAL ERROR in LenLimit: displacement too big 4134 (max = 4080)

MEA-Cluster NGX R65 Network Security Compilation failed.

MEA-Cluster NGX R65 Network Security Operation ended with errors.

This seems to coincide with a recent addition of a setting up a new remote client tunnel with us.

I based this one when I looked at the reference line numbers on the shell of the management server.

If we do go back in and remove the last added tunnel we can push all of the other changes we want, Security rules additions/changes etc with no problem.

I presume we've not hit some kind of limit with remote interoperable devices or anything.

Thanks for any insight folks can share.

-Jamie

Default Re: Can't push updates: INTERNAL ERROR in execval: optimization disabld: displcmt too

Hi

I ran into the same problem as well, however, just undoing the change did not help. Since then, we can't install the specific policy for that gateway, and another (Connectra) gateway is now affected as well. We can install policies for all other gateways.
    We're currently stucked.
    We run Provider-1 R75.20, and the gateway suffering rns R65 HFA_70

Any hints are very well appreciated

Default Re: Can't push updates: INTERNAL ERROR in execval: optimization disabld: displcmt too

We also have seen those type of errors on any R75 and test policy for R65 GWs.

Sorry can not help,we are running R70.x , and probably will run next 5 Years..

possible cause found!!

In our envioronment, the problem was caused by duplicate IP addresses used for 2 Check Point objects. We had a single VSX system defined with 5 virtual firewalls.
    For an upgrade from that VSX single system to a VSX cluster, we created a new VSX cluster object using the same IP addresses for its virtual systems as the single system already used. This caused the installation problems even for other gateways from the same CMA (or SmartCenter in a non P-1 environment). Changing all the IP addresses of the virtual firewalls on the new cluster to something unique solved the problem immediately!!
    Lessom learned: Never ever use the same IP addresses for different Check Point objects, regardless iif they are connected to your network or not!