CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it yet again - That's right, the 3rd edition is here!
You can read his announcement post here.
It's a massive upgrade focusing on current versions, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: CCMSE - ROI considerations

Default CCMSE - ROI considerations

Just received CCSE R70 and am considering studying for CCMSE. I found CCSA exam much more difficult than CCSE, might be because CCSA is more checkpoint-specific (licences, upgrade), and the CCSE requirements cover topics that a network/security person should already understand (VPN, QoS, clustering, routing etc).

I've gone through some 2000 pages of r70 and R71 docs, and practiced with vmware (including,QoS, provisioning, Management HA, Clustering, VPN, Eventia Suite). Now when I'm looking at the P-1 documentation (admin and install guides), having some 300 pages in total, plus the current CP knowledge, I would think the CCMSE requires less effort (relatively to CCSA, CCSE). On the other hand, what is the actual ROI? Does it make sense? Maybe it's better to upgrade my CCNA to CCNP, and then target CCSIP (which is my plan anyway)?

Also, has anyone experience in practicing P-1 with Vmware (performance issues)? I have 3 GB RAM and quad-core 2,2 GHz.

Piotr
    Last edited by piotr; 2011-02-24 at 06:45. Reason: typo errors