CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Passed CCSA!

Default Passed CCSA!

Passed my CCSA R70 first attempt, which was a mighty big relief after many hours spent studying.

Would say the keys to getting though the exam are hardwork and knowing your stuff, and a little bit of luck on the questions you are asked. I used the courseware, the PDFs, CPUG and have worked with Checkpoint for over 5 years. Its not an easy exam.

Question for those already certified, do I receive a certificate in the post to confirm my certificaiton, or do I receive it electronically?

Thanks,

Default Re: Passed CCSA!

Congrats!

What are these PDF's you speak of if you dont mind me asking?

I have my exam in a week or so and I've been busting my nuts studying for it, yet I'm still not feeling confident. Tell me something that will make me feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

Question for those already certified, do I receive a certificate in the post to confirm my certificaiton, or do I receive it electronically?

Thanks,
    Please see my responses here: http://www.cpug.org/forums/ccsa-ngx-...html#post64929

You cannot download a copy of your certificate to my knowledge, you need to wait for it in the mail.

Shadowpeak - Thanks.

SmashySmashy - The PDFs I am referring to are the Check Point R70 documentation which can be downloaded from the Check Point website, easy enough to find. I found that some of the courseware chapters were word for word from these PDFs, although you dont get the benefit of the Labs. Also, the Practice test on the CP website is certainly a good measure of how you will do and gives you exposure to the type of questions that will be asked, and how they ask them.

Best advice would be to just take it in your stride. I worked hard, knew I couldn't do anymore after studying lots. Would have been disappointed not to pass, but not disappointed in myself. If you don't pass, Checkpoint are kind enough to provide you with a sheet that details how you fared in certain areas, so you just identify, strengthen and go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Passed my CCSA R70 first attempt, which was a mighty big relief after many hours spent studying.

Would say the keys to getting though the exam are hardwork and knowing your stuff, and a little bit of luck on the questions you are asked. I used the courseware, the PDFs, CPUG and have worked with Checkpoint for over 5 years. Its not an easy exam.

Thanks,
    can u share the study material with me?
    saxena_adi@yahoo.com

Congrats Austin.

Anyone,
    I am scheduled to take the CCSA R70 exam in a couple of weeks myself... just before Christmas.
    I know I could take the upgrade exam, but figured I would do the CCSA and CCSE one at a time for the R70 track.
    I have heard that the exam is nothing like the R65 track.
    I picked up my CCSE in R65 early this January, and it's time to pursue the R70 certs.
    I heard the exam was grueling.

What kind of advice would you guys give.
    I do have the courseware and the lab book and am virtualizing the environments.
    Also have done three R70 installations this year. One being a Nokia IP380 to R70 appliance migration, the other being a Cisco ASA to Checkpoint SPLAT Open Server R70 migration, and the last being a new install.
    I am like you and have the work experience but am hearing that even those that have the work experience and the experience of taking the previous exams are having a hard time.

Any advice anyone could give would be well received and again... Congrats Austin!!!! :-)

JMK, CISSP, CCSA, CCSE (R65)
    Last edited by kmj1268; 2010-12-12 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by kmj1268 View Post
    Congrats Austin.

Anyone,
    I am scheduled to take the CCSA R70 exam in a couple of weeks myself... just before Christmas.
    I know I could take the upgrade exam, but figured I would do the CCSA and CCSE one at a time for the R70 track.
    I have heard that the exam is nothing like the R65 track.
    I picked up my CCSE in R65 early this January, and it's time to pursue the R70 certs.
    I heard the exam was grueling.

What kind of advice would you guys give.
    I do have the courseware and the lab book and am virtualizing the environments.
    Also have done three R70 installations this year. One being a Nokia IP380 to R70 appliance migration, the other being a Cisco ASA to Checkpoint SPLAT Open Server R70 migration, and the last being a new install.
    I am like you and have the work experience but am hearing that even those that have the work experience and the experience of taking the previous exams are having a hard time.

Any advice anyone could give would be well received and again... Congrats Austin!!!! :-)

JMK, CISSP, CCSA, CCSE (R65)

Heyy buddy can u share the courseware and books of R70 with me ?? if u want to Pls buzz me on saxena_adi@yahoo.com