CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: LDAP and SecurID

Default LDAP and SecurID

Currently we have setup LDAP (Windows AD) for client authentication. I already create LDAP groups and have the rules in place.

We are going to implement Remote Access VPN using SecurID with Windows AD account/password to authentication. So the user name will be the same in both LDAP and SecurID authentication. From the checkpoint document, the gateway will retrieve information in the following step:
    1. The first place that is queried is the internal database.
    2. If the specified user is not defined in this database, it will use LDAP (SmartDirectory).
    3. If the information still cannot be found, the gateway uses the external users template (which also how SecurID use it to authentication).

So when a remote access request comes in, the gateway will alway try the LDAP first so the SecurID won't never be used. Is that true? If so, how can I achieve the remote access VPN authentication? All my firewalls are VPN-1 Power NGX R65

PS. I know that in the LDAP Account Unit Authentication tab, there is a scheme for securID. Should I uncheck that?
    Last edited by cantoron; 2010-05-31 at 13:48.

Default Re: LDAP and SecurID

Let me make it more clear:

Let's say I have two group in the AD, one is PW_Group, the other is SecurID_Group. Is that possible to configure the firewall that users in pw_group use only username/password for authentication, and users in securid_group use only securid for authentication?

Default Re: LDAP and SecurID

Hi Cantoron,

Are you able to achieve this like, 2 group one use AD authentication and one use SecurID.
    I am also looking for this option.

Nomi

Quote Originally Posted by cantoron View Post
    Let me make it more clear:

Let's say I have two group in the AD, one is PW_Group, the other is SecurID_Group. Is that possible to configure the firewall that users in pw_group use only username/password for authentication, and users in securid_group use only securid for authentication?