CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

First, I hope you're all well and staying safe.
Second, I want to give a "heads up" that you should see more activity here shortly, and maybe a few cosmetic changes.
I'll post more details to the "Announcements" forum soon, so be on the lookout. -E

Thread: CCSA passed 87%

Default CCSA passed 87%

What's up friends I passed my CCSA with 87% in march 16. I used to study the Check Point Security Administrator I NGX R65 Student Handbook, SmartDefense Whitepaper, Check Point R65 QoS Admin Guide, Check Point R65 CLI Admin Guide, p4s 215.65, 215.1 and actualtest 215.1, some of the question are wrong. Review the agohkann post and check this link http://www.cpug.org/forums/ccsa-ngx-...ssed-74-a.html almost forgot i use the CBT nuggets too there are very good material.
    I hope this information is useful for you. And sorry for my english guys is not my first lenguage jejeje.
    Am a CCSA now!!!
    Grettings guys.
    Last edited by micey03; 2010-03-20 at 21:17.

Default Re: CCSA passed 87%

Congrats Mate !! Well done !!

Congrats!!!
    i am planning to sit for CCSA. Can you provide me the resource you used.

lutfe.db@gmail.com

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micey03 View Post
    What's up friends I passed my CCSA with 87% in
    march 16. I used to study the Check Point Security Administrator I NGX R65 Student Handbook, SmartDefense Whitepaper, Check Point R65 QoS Admin Guide, Check Point R65 CLI Admin Guide, p4s 215.65, 215.1 and actualtest 215.1, some of the question are wrong. Review the agohkann post and check this link http://www.cpug.org/forums/ccsa-ngx-...ssed-74-a.html almost forgot i use the CBT nuggets too there are very good material.
    I hope this information is useful for you. And sorry for my english guys is not my first lenguage jejeje.
    Am a CCSA now!!!
    Grettings guys.

Quote Originally Posted by habib View Post
    Congrats!!!
    i am planning to sit for CCSA. Can you provide me the resource you used.

lutfe.db@gmail.com

thanks
    How about studying the books instead of pleading for others to help you. Help yourself instead.

Quote Originally Posted by micey03 View Post
    What's up friends I passed my CCSA with 87% in march 16. I used to study the Check Point Security Administrator I NGX R65 Student Handbook, SmartDefense Whitepaper, Check Point R65 QoS Admin Guide, Check Point R65 CLI Admin Guide, p4s 215.65, 215.1 and actualtest 215.1, some of the question are wrong. Review the agohkann post and check this link http://www.cpug.org/forums/ccsa-ngx-...ssed-74-a.html almost forgot i use the CBT nuggets too there are very good material.
    Am a CCSA now!!!
    Grettings guys.
    Thank You I put a lot of my free time in to making the CBT's be real world as to what you will see on the job.
    CCSA,CCSE,CCSE+,CCMSE+P1,CCMSE+VSX,CCMA #23

Quote Originally Posted by belvdr View Post
    How about studying the books instead of pleading for others to help you. Help yourself instead.

Hi,
    Thanks for your quick reply and advice. I am working on cp for the last one years. I am also studying the books and other stuff. I am also following this forum and its really very good and members are also very gentle & helpful.

I was asking if you have any materials that can help me.

Thanks
    Habib

Unfortunately you are suffering from the presumption that you are like a lot of other people that register on here, plead for all of the testking, boson, pass4sure, actualtest dumps and are then never heard of again, without actually contributing anything. This is not specifically aimed at you personally!

Every now and again it gets a bit much for people that do actually contribute seeing the runs of threads in the exam section saying send me all the exam prep guides / crib sheets.

Probably the fact that you currently have 5 posts all of which are asking for resources that people have used to pass the exam is garnering this assumption.

The student handbook you can either purchase through a check point reseller or by attending an actual course. It is a physical book. There is occaisonally someone on the forum selling a copy second hand after passing the exam, if you don't want to pay full price.

If your employer wishes for you to become certified then they should have no problem purchasing items for you. If your employer doesn't want to pay then they can be bought and sold on afterwards.

The admin guides etc are all available on the Check Point Website in pdf format, for the current versions of software under the documentation side. You don't even need to have a support contract to download the documentation.

Search at the current link below

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...tSubmit_doHome

search with Rxx documentation where xx is the version of the software that you are looking for.

p4s and actual test etc are purchaseable items or can be found on torrent sites if you don't want to purchase them. If people have paid for these then it is a bit unreasonable to expect them to give this away afterwards. Of course if they have torrented them then fair enough if they are sharing it out.(this is not condoning this by the way)

As I said this is not aimed at you personally, but there are quite a large number of people that join, never contribute and all there posts are

can you send me this
    can you send me that

Hi,
    Thanks for your advice. I have purchase dumps but not sure about passing with them, bcoz lot of people who attain the exam said that they have found that not much helpful. I wanted to know are they really enough... One think in our region CP training is not available.

Thanks
    Habib

Quote Originally Posted by mcnallym View Post
    Unfortunately you are suffering from the presumption that you are like a lot of other people that register on here, plead for all of the testking, boson, pass4sure, actualtest dumps and are then never heard of again, without actually contributing anything. This is not specifically aimed at you personally!

Every now and again it gets a bit much for people that do actually contribute seeing the runs of threads in the exam section saying send me all the exam prep guides / crib sheets.

Probably the fact that you currently have 5 posts all of which are asking for resources that people have used to pass the exam is garnering this assumption.

The student handbook you can either purchase through a check point reseller or by attending an actual course. It is a physical book. There is occaisonally someone on the forum selling a copy second hand after passing the exam, if you don't want to pay full price.

If your employer wishes for you to become certified then they should have no problem purchasing items for you. If your employer doesn't want to pay then they can be bought and sold on afterwards.

The admin guides etc are all available on the Check Point Website in pdf format, for the current versions of software under the documentation side. You don't even need to have a support contract to download the documentation.

Search at the current link below

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com...tSubmit_doHome

search with Rxx documentation where xx is the version of the software that you are looking for.

p4s and actual test etc are purchaseable items or can be found on torrent sites if you don't want to purchase them. If people have paid for these then it is a bit unreasonable to expect them to give this away afterwards. Of course if they have torrented them then fair enough if they are sharing it out.(this is not condoning this by the way)

As I said this is not aimed at you personally, but there are quite a large number of people that join, never contribute and all there posts are

can you send me this
    can you send me that

Hi,
    Can any one give the answer of the following question:

1. Which of the following is the final step in a VPN-1 NGX backup?
    A. Test restoration in a non-production environment, using the upgrade_import command.
    B. Move the *.tgz file to another location.
    C. Copy the conf directory to another location.
    D. Run the upgrade_export command.
    E. Run the cpstop command.

2. Lee is notified by blacklist.org that his site has been reported as a spam relay, due to his SMTP Security Server being unprotected. Lee decides to implement an SMTP Security Server, to prevent the server from being a spam relay. Which of the following is the most efficient configuration method?
    A. Configure the SMTP Security Server to perform filtering, based on IP address and SMTP protocols.
    B. Configure the SMTP Security Server to apply generic "from" address to all outgoing mail.
    C. Configure the SMTP Security Server to allow only mail to or from names, within Cody's corporate domain.
    D. Configure the SMTP Security Server to perform MX resolving.
    E. Configure the SMTP Security Server to work with an OPSEC based product, for content checking.

3.In VPN-1 NGX, what happens if a Distinguished Name (DN) is NOT found in LDAP?
    A. VPN-1 NGX takes the common-name value from the Certificate subject, and searches the LDAP account unit for a matching user id.
    B. The Security Gateway uses the subject of the Certificate as the DN for the initial lookup.
    C. If the first request fails or if branches do not match, NGX tries to map the identity to the user id attribute.
    D. When users authenticate with valid Certificates, the Security Gateway tries to map the identities with user egistered In the external LDAP user database.
    E. VPN-1 NGX searches the internal database for the username.

4. Jordan's company is streaming training videos provided by a third party on the Internet. Jordan configures VPN-1 NGX, so that each department ONLY views webcasts specific to its department. Jordan created and configured the multicast groups for all interfaces, and configures them to "Drop all multicast packets except
    those whose destination is in the list". But no multicast transmissions are coming from the Internet. What is possible causes for the connection problem?
    A. Multicast groups are configured improperly on the external interface properties of the Security Gateway object.
    B. Anti-spoofing is enabled. VPN-1 NGX cannot pass multicast traffic, if anti-spoofing is enabled.
    C. Jordan did not create the necessary "to and through" rules, defining how VPN-1 NGX will handle the multicast traffic.
    D. VPN-1 NGX does not support multicast routing protocols and streaming media through the Security Gateway.
    E. The Multicast Rule is below the Stealth Rule. VPN-1 NGX can only pass multicast traffic, if the Multicast Rule is above the Stealth Rule.

5. A user attempts authentication using SecureClient. The user's password is rejected, even though it is correctly defined in the LDAP directory. Which of the following is a valid cause?
    A. The LDAP server has insufficient memory
    B. The LDAP and Security Gateway databases are not synchronized.
    C. The SmartCenter Server cannot communicate with the LDAP server.
    D. The user has defined the wrong encryption scheme.
    E. The user is defined in both the NGX user database and the LDAP directory

6. Lee is the Security Administrator for an online bookstore. Customers connect to a variety of Web servers to place orders, change orders, and check status of their orders. Lee checked every box in the Web Intelligence tab, and installed the Security Policy, She ran penetration test through the Security Gateway, to
    determine if the Web servers were protected from cross-site scripting attacks. The penetration test indicated the Web servers were still vulnerable. Which of the following might correct the problem?
    A. The penetration software Tess King is using is malfunctioning and is reporting a false-positive.
    B. Tess King must create resource objects, and use them in the rule allowing HTTP traffic to the Web servers.
    C. Tess King needs to check the "Products > Web Server" box on the host node objects representing his Web servers.
    D. Tess King needs to check the "Web Intelligence" box in the SmartDefense > HTTP Properties.
    E. Tess King needs to configure the Security Gateway protecting the Web servers as a Web server.

7.How can you reset the password of the Security Administrator, which was created during initial installation of the SmartCenter Server on SecurePlatform?
    A. Launch cpconfig and select "Administrators".
    B. Launch SmartDashboard, click the admin user account, and overwrite the existing Check Point Password.
    C. Type cpm -a, and provide the existing administration account name. Reset the Security Administrator's password.
    D. Export the user database into an ASCII file with fwm dbexport. Open this file with an editor, and delete the "Password" portion of the file. The log in to the account without password. You will be prompted to assign a new password.
    E. Launch cpconfig and delete the Administrator's account. Recreate the account with the same name.

8.What happens when you select File > Export from the SmartView Tracker menu?
    A. It is not possible to export an old log file, only save and switch in SmartView Tracker.
    B. Current logs are exported to a new *.log file.
    C. Exported log entries are still viewable in SmartView Tracker.
    D. Exported log entries are deleted from fw.log.
    E. Logs in fw.log are exported to a file that can be opened by Microsoft Excel.

9.Select the correct statement about Secure Internal Communications (SIC) Certificates? SIC Certificates:
    A. may be used for securing internal network communications between the Security Gateway and an OPSEC device.
    B. for the SmartView Tracker are created during the SmartCenter Server installation.
    C. for NGX Security Gateways are created during the SmartCenter Server installation.
    D. decrease network security by securing administrative communication among the SmartCenter Servers and the Security Gateway

10. You has customers connecting to a variety of Web servers to place or change orders, and check order status. You ran penetration tests through the Security Gateway, to determine if the Web servers were protected from a recent series of cross-site scripting attacks. The penetration testing indicated the Web servers were still vulnerable. You have enabled every protection in the Web Intelligence branch, configured the protections to apply to selected web servers, and installed the Security Policy.What else might you do to reduce the ulnerability?
    A. The penetration software you are using is malfunctioning and is reporting afalse-positive.
    B. Check the "Web Intelligence" box in the SmartDefense > HTTP Protocol Inspection.
    C. Configure the Security Gateway protecting the Web servers as a Web server.
    D. Check the "Products > Web Server" box on the host node objects representing your Web servers.

11. How does the Get Address button, found on the Host Object - General Properties page retrieve the address?
    A. SNMP Get
    B. Address resolution (ARP, RARP)
    C. Route Table
    D. Name resolution (hosts file, DNS, cache)

12. What do you configure to launch an application when certain traffic goes through certain rules?
    A. Pop-up alert script
    B. SNMP trap alert script
    C. Customer scripts cannot be executed through alert scripts.
    D. User-defined alert script.

13. You work as a Security Administrator. Your Company maintains several IKE VPNs. Executives at want to know which mechanism Check Point VPN-1 Pro uses to guarantee the authenticity and integrity of messages. Which technology should you explain to the executives?
    A. Digital Signatures
    B. Key Exchange Protocols
    C. Application Intelligence
    D. Certificate Revocation Lists

14. You have three servers located in a DMZ, using private IP addresses. You want internal users from 10.10.10.x to access the DMZ servers by public IP addresses. Internal_net 10.10.10.x is configured for Hide NAT behind the Security Gateway's external interface. What is the best configuration for 10.10.10.x users to access the DMZ servers, using the DMZ servers' public IP addresses?
    A. Configure manual static NAT rules to translate the DMZ servers, when the source is the internal network 10.10.10.x.
    B. Configure Hide NAT for 10.10.10x behind DMZ's interface, when trying to access DMZ servers.
    C. Configure Hide NAT for the DMZ network behind the DMZ interface of the Security Gateway, when connection to internal network 10.10.10.x
    D. Configure manual static NAT rules to translate the DMZ servers, when connecting to the Internet.

Thanks in Advance
    Habib

Hi ,

Can you please share exam material with me , my id is sunil19sharma@gmail.com

i am planning to give exam on next weekend.

Yeah, let's all line up to violate the NDA.