CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Network behind FW1 not working after adding license

Default Network behind FW1 not working after adding license

Recently, we changes our ISP and hence the FIXED IP sets for firewall and network became different. I have re-issued the FW1 license from Checkpoint user-center, and have successfully ADDED on to the existing license (old IP set still valid and working). After making all changes on Network object, Interface and Rule plus changing the ip address for NIC then rebooted. The FW1 can gain internet access ok and DNS1 (192.168.0.1) & DNS2 (192.168.0.2) also got internet access, however only these 2 servers (DNS1&2) along with hundred others are behind this FW1.

Can anyone help to see what might be our problem? Thanks

Default Re: Network behind FW1 not working after adding license

If you're changing IP addresses, then double-check routing, NAT, and any proxy ARP you may have.

licensing will not create this type of problem please check you logs in tracker if you are still unable to get the resolution check through TCPDUMP tool, or for NATTING issue you can check in fw monitor, use fw monitor in critical issue only it increases the load on cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by northlandboy View Post
    If you're changing IP addresses, then double-check routing, NAT, and any proxy ARP you may have.
    I'v checked and modified all the Network Objects and Interfaces in the System Policy with the new IP addresses. Except for the ARP, where about do i modify the ARP routing? I'm using WinNT4.1 and if needed I can upload the draft network diagram for further study.

But if the routing is incorrect, when 2 of my servers are able to gone thru?

Quote Originally Posted by hk_batman View Post
    I'm using WinNT4.1
    Are you seriously using NT?

Quote Originally Posted by gavvys View Post
    licensing will not create this type of problem please check you logs in tracker if you are still unable to get the resolution check through TCPDUMP tool, or for NATTING issue you can check in fw monitor, use fw monitor in critical issue only it increases the load on cpu.
    That's good to know, so i don't need to remove my previous license. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hk_batman View Post
    Recently, we changes our ISP and hence the FIXED IP sets for firewall and network became different. I have re-issued the FW1 license from Checkpoint user-center, and have successfully ADDED on to the existing license (old IP set still valid and working). After making all changes on Network object, Interface and Rule plus changing the ip address for NIC then rebooted. The FW1 can gain internet access ok and DNS1 (192.168.0.1) & DNS2 (192.168.0.2) also got internet access, however only these 2 servers (DNS1&2) along with hundred others are behind this FW1.

Can anyone help to see what might be our problem? Thanks
    tell me one thing, if you are changing the IP address, then why you are using the previous IP address, remove that IP and remove the licence related to that IP also.
    Why you are using so old OS and what the version of Checkpoint.Change all that to latest things.