CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: Study Materials

Default Study Materials

Hey,

was wondering what some good study materials would be for CCSE x.65?

I have lots of documentation pdf's downloaded from CP and the Syngress book by Ralph Bonnell, which I used for CCSA x.65 not too long ago.

Any other suggestions?

Default Re: Study Materials

Well, that didn't work out too well. Failed with a 67, with 70 needed to pass - I think it adds up to about 1 or 2 questions...

In any case, I studied VPN's, SmartUpdate, ClusterXL in detail and was very confident about the test when clicking submit. Unfortunately, my study materials were not satisfactory.

Anyone have any ideas? I used Check Point pdf's as study guides, along with the aforementioned book.

Thanks

I purchased a copy of the CCSE official courseware and am studying again. After only a couple of chapters into the book, I realize that the pdf's are nowhere near detailed enough to get through the test. Yes, they help, but not enough on their own.
    I'd highly recommend the official courseware as your study guide - it should be all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by boldin View Post
    I purchased a copy of the CCSE official courseware and am studying again. After only a couple of chapters into the book, I realize that the pdf's are nowhere near detailed enough to get through the test. Yes, they help, but not enough on their own.
    I'd highly recommend the official courseware as your study guide - it should be all you need.
    Thanks for letting us know. I was about to take that route, but i see alot of members advise that the course should be sufficient to pass the test.

The courseware is great, I'm currently studying using that. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'm trying to stay away from TestKing/Pass4sure -- just because I want to see if I can do it without memorizing "real" exam questions.

Anybody have an opinion on Boson Software? They make an exam simulator. Is it actual test questions, or just simulated questions? I'd love to test my knowledge in a test format -- but do so without using real questions.

Does anyone know if there are test exams for 156-315.65?

All i seem to be able to find are test exams for the R60 exam 156.315.1 and from what i can see they have changed the content around allot, as all the older exams seem to be full off stuff that is covered in the CCSA R65 exam, and only a little bit that is in the CCSE exam (the topics covered in the Checkpoint corseware anyway)

so has anyone actually found some R65 test exams? and are they able to tell me which "brands" offer the up to date R65 questions?

from my experience most places seem to be selling the R60 as R65 also

peoples experiences?