CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Thread: How can i find out the configuration of my checkpoint if I don't have access to it

Default How can i find out the configuration of my checkpoint if I don't have access to it

I have a problem with a firewall that I have been assigned to work on. We are trying to get the configuration off of it (rules) so we can get the information into a new box. We currently dont have access to the software at all because we do not have the password. What can we do?

Default Re: How can i find out the configuration of my checkpoint if I don't have access to i

Do you not have access to the Check Point password, or the OS password, or both?

If you don't have the OS password, do a password reset for the OS.

If you don't have a Check Point admin password, run cpconfig, and create a new admin account.

Default Re: How can i find out the configuration of my checkpoint if I don't have access to i

We have access to the linux box but not to the checkpoint system itself. we were told that if we reset the password on the checkpoint system we would loose the configuration (rule base) which is what we are really after. When we create a new user would we wipe the config?

Resetting the gui Administrator account will not remove the configuration. If you're at all anxious about this, take a backup before making changes.

Thorpuse is right. Just enter cpconfig at the linux box and delete the admin account. Create a new admin account with a new password. You won't loose your ScmartCenter configuration by recreating the admin user.

Thanks. that should solve the problem

Since you do have access to the OS prompt, the sysconfig utility will reflect your interface addressing and routing setup.