PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa - IT Security Analyst (CheckPoint)

R0ut3r
2009-01-07, 11:30
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, the successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise and technical support to our various clients ranging from banking to law enforcement. You will work as part of a team of individuals dedicated to providing the following services:

- Network security architecture planning;
- Technical support;
- Security incident management;
- IT security infrastructure documentation;
- Change management.

The role requires an individual with strong network, security and internetworking architecture and design capabilities. Furthermore, in this position, the selected candidate will have customer-facing responsibilities and will need to be experienced in the fulfillment and delivery of proposed solutions.

Knowledge of concepts and sensitivity to IS/IT security are critical but detailed knowledge of network security software and appliances is not mandatory. The hired resource will be trained in the specifics of IS/IT network security but will have to leverage his telecommunications and networking experience in order to do so.

The candidate must own or have daily access to a vehicle for regular off-site work.

Responsibilities:

Install, maintain and upgrade IT security hardware software (firewalls, IPS, VPN, vulnerability management, etc.);
Provide technical consulting services to the clients on the network security controls required for the development of enhancements and the implementation of new and/or ongoing business systems;
Assist in the development and upgrades of a secure network solution architecture and project plans;
Customer interaction and presentation;
Shift work, evening and weekend is required on a rotational basis (1 week per month)

The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

•Bachelors of computer science, computer engineering or other relevant degree;

•A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a similar role;

•Experience networking and telecommunications integration, design and architecture;

•Experience in the fulfillment and delivery of proposed solutions;

•The following designations are required:
o Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator CCSA;
o Certified Cisco Networking Associate CCNA (or equivalent);

•The following designations are an asset:
o Checkpoint Certified Security Expert CCSE;
o Checkpoint Certified Security Expert CCSE+;
o Cisco Certified Networking Professional CCNP;

•Excellent problem solving skills;

•Exceptional organizational skills;

•Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks concurrently;

•Adaptable to diverse environments;

•Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and French are mandatory;

•Energetic and positive with a “can do” attitude,

Please send me a private message if this interests you as I will not provide my corporate contact info on the board. This is direct recruitment, no head-hunters / recruiters involved.

Kayode
2009-01-15, 14:39
This job is of high interest please send your contact info to 6133278060.

Thanks

sandeep_1985
2009-01-25, 04:33
Hi,

Please do contact me on sandeep.81985@gmail.com.

Regards
Sandeep kadam
CCSA,JNCIA,CCDA,NSA,CWSE

kchass
2009-02-23, 13:22
Is there still vacancies for this post?

hotice_
2009-02-24, 10:03
Yes this position is still available

kchass
2009-02-24, 11:18
Yup I am interested, i'll send you my resume by tomorrow, please let me know if you feel I fit. Would that be fine.