PDA

View Full Version : Cleared Firewall Engineer opening in DC

Amy Fromm
2007-02-06, 12:21
I am looking for a Firewall Engineer to work with the USAID at the Ronald Reagan building downtown. This is a consulting role through Ajilon but I can bring you on as an hourly or salaried/benefited employee. The initial contract is for one year with four extension years to follow. I have copied the description below for your review - if you are currently looking for a new position and this sounds of interest please call me on my direct line and we can discuss details.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon!

Amy Fromm
Technical Recruiting Manager
Ajilon Consulting - Washington, DC
(703) 905-7126 - Office
(703) 734-1562 - Fax
amy.fromm@ajilon.com
www.ajilonconsulting.com

Ajilon Consulting is a premier provider of information technology (IT) solutions with over 50 offices in North America and 12,000 employees worldwide. Headquartered in Towson, Maryland, Ajilon was founded in 1969 with current revenues of over $1.2 Billion and is a prime vendor to over 70 of the Fortune 100 companies. Ajilon offers competitive salaries plus full-service benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), employee referral bonus, training, tuition reimbursement, short/long-term disability, and life insurance. Recently ranked the top U.S. IT services firm by IT Services Business Report, Ajilon Consulting is a company full of opportunities and exciting new challenges.

Position: Firewall Engineer

The candidate will be working EITHER Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (we can be a little flexible with the hours if they want to do 7-4 or 9-6) OR Sunday-Thursday from 11:00 PM Ė 7:00 AM. On-call support on the weekends is also required. The position is at the Ronald Reagan Bldg at 13th and Pennsylvania downtown. The candidate must be a self motivated, team player and also be able to work with different personalities and cultures around the world. The candidate must be proficient with Checkpoint firewall administration such that they are able to handle problems independently. It is highly preferred that the candidate holds a Checkpoint certification such as Check Point Systems Engineer (CCSE) on NGAI and/or NGX. Experience with Provider-1 and Nokia hardware or Checkpoint on a UNIX base operating system UNIX is required as well.

Secret Clearance required, Top Secret preferred.

Daily duties include:

Build, configure and administrator firewalls
Build firewall VPNís and High Availability. Troubleshoot them during failure
Meet with vendors
Perform hardware upgrades
Remote monitoring and management of all USAID firewalls
Make ISP change configuration on firewalls as needed
Firewall policy development and audit
Develop, coordinate and document engineering and operational processes
Prepare white papers on emerging technology approaches
Research new firewall technologies and develop comprehensive engineering test plans
Set up test lab with networking devices for testing of new firewall technologies
Conduct lab testing for solutions that will be deployed throughout the USAID enterprise
Create engineering project documentation that is understandable to senior management
Troubleshoot recurrent problems and come up with new out-of-the-box solutions to supplement vendor solutions that are not 100% effective
Simultaneously manage the operational and engineering aspects of multiple top priority projects; coordinate with other operational and engineering teams as well as senior contractors and government managers.
Serve as on-call/after-hours engineer as needed. Work weekends and late nights as needed on/off site
Generate weekly reports on status of projects
Configure and mange enterprise content filtering
Interface with other agencies in troubleshooting interoperability issues