PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Engineer Opportunity in Illinois

MJ2007
2007-01-16, 10:28
I have an immediate Firewall Engineer opportunity available in Bloomington, Illinois. I have included the details of the opportunity below. If you are interested, please contact me at mjulian@teksystems.com.

POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Firewall Engineer will develop and document information security policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures for firewall/proxy server, appliances and gateway security. Provides consulting services to business areas. Understands key concepts related to Unix security, TCP/IP, traffic analysis, stateful inspection, heuristic pattern matching, aggregation/reporting of intrusion events, event correlation and anomaly detection. Is knowledgeable of standards and emerging technologies for wireless security. Leverages data from vulnerability notification services and managed security services providers. Has hands on experience with a variety of products/tools such as: event analyzers, content filters/active content scanners and hardware and software systems that perform network spam blockers.

REQUIRED SKILLS:

- At least 4 years experience in supporting PIX, CheckPoint, and Sidewinder firewalls.
- At least 4 years experience in network design
- At least 4 years experience in installing and configuring firewalls in brand new implementations
- At least 4 years experience with TCP/IP networking.
- At least 4 years experience with security
- At least 4 years experience in firewall technologies in general
- 2 to 4 years experience UNIX operating systems.
- 2 to 4 years experience in setting up and supporting VPNs
- 2 to 4 years experience in scripting languages such as Shell and Perl
- 2 to 4 years experience in network sniffers and packet analysis.