PDA

View Full Version : Modules intermittently showing "Needs attention"

northlandboy
2006-10-12, 16:12
This is not a question, it's just a description of a problem I've seen recently, and the solution.

I had seen this problem several years ago, but I hadn't realised exactly what the problem was, or how to fix it, until I dealt with it recently.

What I observed in the MDG, Network Objects view, was that one of my modules was intermittently showing as "Needs Attention". If you opened up that object, it would show SVN Foundation as "No Reply", and the others as OK. If you clicked Get Detailed Status, it always succeeded. This would come in and out every few minutes.

Eventually I tracked it down to a misconfiguration that meant that the secondary CMA couldn't communicate with the module. On fixing that, the problem disappeared. It was driving me nuts, as it was only intermittent.

Maybe this will help someone else faced with the same problem - as I said, I wish I'd known about if a couple of years ago. I didn't realise that the secondary CMA, although not active, is still reporting status to the MDG

usman_a
2011-06-14, 11:05
sorry how did you fix this again? i can the same error on my P1

serlud
2011-06-14, 15:25
sorry how did you fix this again? i can the same error on my P1

Do you have CMA HA and Provider-1 HA or not? (we have stopped to use Provider-1 HA and CMA HA due to costs for Lics and much more problem with SYNC...)
Previos error was resolve by enabling communication between FW and both CMAs.

Need attation is also *normal* for cluster members if something go wrong with SYNC, interfaces...

Do you see notification for cluster member on single gateway?
Please provide more info for your env.. version...

northlandboy
2011-06-14, 17:18
Man, I'd forgotten about this thread it was so long ago.

As serlud said, in this specific scenario, it was an issue with P-1 HA, where the secondary CMA did not have connectivity to the FW module. That's a fairly specific case - you'd be better off first checking out all the other items mentioned above.

usman_a
2011-06-15, 04:25
its a P1-HA environment currently running on R65 with a r75 ready to go for live in test lab - eta to live 2 weeks.

i am currently seeing this for 4 of my clusters rest seem fine and report no issues

serlud
2011-06-15, 05:38
its a P1-HA environment currently running on R65 with a r75 ready to go for live in test lab - eta to live 2 weeks.

i am currently seeing this for 4 of my clusters rest seem fine and report no issues

Go to SmartView monitoring (affected CMA) , click on problem FW, click *more* for ClusterXL :
let us known about
*General Info, Problem Notification Table, and Interface table*

northlandboy
2011-06-15, 17:10

To see if it was the specific issue I had, try launching SmartView Monitor from your STANDBY CMAs, and see if they have working connectivity to the firewalls.