PDA

View Full Version : Please give us downloadable NGX wrappers

RayPesek
2006-10-08, 15:18
Please return the availability of downloadable wrappers with pre-installed HFAs. I like to keep a copy of the latest one on my SmartCenter so I can re-install in an emergency without having to hunt for CDs and without having to start over at HFA00. This worked really well in R55 for us.

Thanks,

Ray

melipla
2006-10-09, 16:27
Along the same lines. . .

Downloadable CD ISOs? I don't understand why I have to pay for CDs to be shipped. Shouldn't the support contract cover this?

What happened to the previous HFAs? I thought they were downloadable but it appears now you can only get the latest ones. I really just want the ReadMe for HFA 03.

RayPesek
2006-10-09, 21:34
It depends on where you go look for them. If you find the "upgrade kits" link under Quick Links, you can get the CDs sent for free. If you go through regular software subscription downloads, they want to charge you.

Ray

melipla
2006-10-10, 14:46
It depends on where you go look for them. If you find the "upgrade kits" link under Quick Links, you can get the CDs sent for free. If you go through regular software subscription downloads, they want to charge you.

Ah the secret is out! :)

How ironic that it forces you to log in to the Software Subscription Downloads, it knows who I am, and that I have multiple support contracts, NGX presents me with an order link, which again knows who I am. Still it wants me to pay money. Why couldn't it just redirect me to the upgrade kits?

Too bad the latest R60 + HFA 03 bundle isn't available from the Upgrade Kits. Also, it's still not downloadable... :(

chillyjim
2006-10-10, 23:12
Too bad the latest R60 + HFA 03 bundle isn't available from the Upgrade Kits. Also, it's still not downloadable... :(

This media kit ships by default now. If you need one get on your reseller's case or your CHKP SE if you know who that is.