PDA

View Full Version : Cross compiling Go for Checkpoint 1100

Irek_Romaniuk
2017-02-24, 12:49
I quickly tested Go cross compilation of simple web server to Checkpoint 1100 appliance, see my blog post here (http://medium.com/@IrekRomaniuk/cross-compiling-go-for-checkpoint-1100-a250c296ed2e#.pm5i8a6xg). It's super easy and I do not need compiler on 1100

PhoneBoy
2017-02-27, 01:28
Aside from the "gee, that's cool" factor, what problem are you trying to solve here?

Irek_Romaniuk
2017-02-27, 08:12
Maybe I can get myself ftp client which will be able to transfer files thru tunnel (pick src interface other than public;), or quickly install any of missing tools like i.e. curl.

varera
2017-02-27, 08:57
Maybe I can get myself ftp client which will be able to transfer files thru tunnel (pick src interface other than public;), or quickly install any of missing tools like i.e. curl.

You do realize any sideloaded code renders your CP system unsupported, right?

Irek_Romaniuk
2017-02-27, 12:57
CP support ? ;)

varera
2017-02-27, 12:58
CP support ? ;)

no. still worth mentioning though

jflemingeds
2017-02-27, 13:10
and how would anyone at checkpoint know it was there? Can you name anything that will prove there are no 3rd party apps installed?

BTW there are 2 SKs covering this. One says if you want support from 3rd party apps you need to call who you got the app from and the other says they don't support 3rd party apps, which is the same thing as the other SK.

varera
2017-02-28, 05:16
and how would anyone at checkpoint know it was there? Can you name anything that will prove there are no 3rd party apps installed?

BTW there are 2 SKs covering this. One says if you want support from 3rd party apps you need to call who you got the app from and the other says they don't support 3rd party apps, which is the same thing as the other SK.

They probably would not, unless it malfunctions and makes issues. Or detected by other means. I had a case rejected once because some HW reported by cpinfo was not from HCL. Totally legitimate action from CP side, a disastrous outcome for a multi-million account. Took a lot of effort to put the fire out. And guess what, it was the customer's fault, but still my problem.

Just saying, one needs to understand the implications. There are some.

That said, what are the SKs you are referring to?