PDA

View Full Version : No HA Licensed Appliance > 5900

slowfood27
2017-01-28, 14:34
In the Appliances price list you can order a HA Configuration, consisting of a Primary (100% price) and a HA (80 % price) Appliance, but only up to the 5900 Series.
For all bigger appliances, the HA Option is not offered.

Did I get this right?

varera
2017-01-29, 06:48
In the Appliances price list you can order a HA Configuration, consisting of a Primary (100% price) and a HA (80 % price) Appliance, but only up to the 5900 Series.
For all bigger appliances, the HA Option is not offered.

Did I get this right?

Yes

abusharif
2017-01-29, 07:48
Just to be PITA, yes generally its like that and been so for many years, however SOME appliance bundles (VSX) still have the -HA SKU's for appliances AND blades for these (in my case 13xxx appliances)
#beingconsistent

varera
2017-01-29, 08:03
Just to be PITA, yes generally its like that and been so for many years, however SOME appliance bundles (VSX) still have the -HA SKU's for appliances AND blades for these (in my case 13xxx appliances)
#beingconsistent

13K line is replaced by 15K, which do not have HA option anymore

laf_c
2017-01-29, 08:30

So financially speaking the cost of having a HA solution from CP went up?

varera
2017-01-29, 09:05
So financially speaking the cost of having a HA solution from CP went up?

It depends. Replacement appliances are twice more powerful than the predecessors. Price per power unit is actually going down. Also, never forget the fact that nobody buys out of price list. All you need is a good partner with proper discount load

abusharif
2017-01-29, 09:37

Officially, 13k appliances never supported -HA either (based on quote tool / pricelist, such SKU simple do not exist visible for the customer or when ordering).
If you ordered 2 standalone 13k appliances you get two normal appliance licenses (no -ha).
However if you ordered VSX bundle of 13K (ans I guess other "2012*" models, suddenly one node was delivered with -HA.

This actually caused account services and some SE's to go into "wtf mode" upon renewal, as some of them weren't aware of this either.

So my point was that you can't trust quote tool and pricelist.checkpoint.com or the general statements that claim anything above 4800 (or now 5k series) you need to pay full price for both nodes in the cluster.
You perhaps have some additional insight into this beyond the rest of us that hopefully "ghost SKU" is gone with introduction of the new units. Lets hope so, since it caused confusion

cciesec2006
2017-01-29, 10:26
So my point was that you can't trust quote tool and pricelist.checkpoint.com or the general statements

LOL: I guess if both the quote tool and checkpoint SKs from checkpoint itself is NOT trusted or proves to be un-reliable, what left :-(