PDA

View Full Version : NTP ENABLING AND DISABLING

venakata111
2016-12-22, 14:18
Hi All,

I am very new to checkpoint firewalls and my company have checkpoints's Firewalls some of them are running R75.10,30,40(Splat) & R77.10 Gaia.

As there is a leap second issue on 31 December I just want to turn off the NTP. I referred sk112736 and planning to turn off NTP.

1.On Gaia: Set Ntp active off
2.On Splat :ntpstop

1)If I use the above commands will I lose the configuration or they will only turn off NTP, after NTP is turned off any services on firewalls will be effected?

we have a management server and two gateways should I turn off NTP on management server and gateways?

To turn on NTP

On GAIA: set ntp active on
On splat :ntpstart

Do I need to reconfigure NTP Configuration or if I use the above commands NTP start's working.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk112736

Please help me-Thank you

jflemingeds
2016-12-22, 15:57
Hi All,

I am very new to checkpoint firewalls and my company have checkpoints's Firewalls some of them are running R75.10,30,40(Splat) & R77.10 Gaia.

As there is a leap second issue on 31 December I just want to turn off the NTP. I referred sk112736 and planning to turn off NTP.

1.On Gaia: Set Ntp active off
2.On Splat :ntpstop

1)If I use the above commands will I lose the configuration or they will only turn off NTP, after NTP is turned off any services on firewalls will be effected?

we have a management server and two gateways should I turn off NTP on management server and gateways?

To turn on NTP

On GAIA: set ntp active on
On splat :ntpstart

Do I need to reconfigure NTP Configuration or if I use the above commands NTP start's working.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk112736

Please help me-Thank you

You will not lose configuration from either command. That should do it.

venakata111
2016-12-22, 17:32
You will not lose configuration from either command. That should do it.

I appreciate your response. But still i do have couple of more questions

1)will disabling NTP effect services?
2)Do i need to turn of NTP on MANAGEMNT aswell as gateways?

jflemingeds
2016-12-22, 17:58
I appreciate your response. But still i do have couple of more questions

1)will disabling NTP effect services?
2)Do i need to turn of NTP on MANAGEMNT aswell as gateways?

1. just ntp
2. might as well do it on both management and firewall, but i doubt you'll really have any major issue even if you don't.

venakata111
2016-12-22, 18:25
Thank you.Thanks for all your help.