PDA

View Full Version : Not Connection Anymore

jackson2005
2006-07-31, 15:59
I have the "CheckPoint VPN-1 SecureClient NG_AI_R56" installed on several PCs at my job. We will be using it to connect to a client of ours. I am currently trying to set it up. I was able to connect to the client just fine. I could delete the SITE and recreate it and recreate profiles under the SITE(S) with no problems at all. I could also upgrade to the latest version with no problems. Last Wednesday the client changed our UN and PW. I was able to use the new credentials under the same SITE previously created with no problems. The problem started when I deleted the originally created site after the new credentials were given. I can no longer create a new site and connect successfully. I am not sure if the new credentials have anything to do with it - my thought was maybe CheckPoint cached the original credential/settings on my computer somewhere and is not letting go of them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled; I have also disabled and reinabled my NIC. The following is the error I am getting:

""
Operation Timed Out.
This may have happened because your network connection is slow, or because of a communication problem.
Click cancel and try later, or Click back if you want to retry now.

""

I have XP Pro with a Win2k3 Active Directory/Domain using TCP/IP over CAT5e

I appreciate anyone's input.

Thanks,

George Jackson

tazzdogg
2007-11-11, 07:30
This seems to be a client problem as the vpn account works on another machine in the same subnet..

It would be nice if someone could shed some light on this, as I have unistalled and reinstalled many times with no luck just like jackson2005.

This only happened after i deleted the sites and then tried to create it again it.

mikem
2007-11-16, 12:04
Have you used cpclean to remove the client?

This app is supposed to cleanly remove all CP products off of the workstation.

Then try the reinstall

mike