PDA

View Full Version : Checkpoint PRIMARY box had suddenly freeze

mohdyasin
2015-03-10, 00:26
Checkpoint PRIMARY box had suddenly freeze same observed there is no fail-over but no response from PRIMARY end even from Secondary to primary cant reach.. After troubleshooting we made secondary box as an active and all the services working fine in secondary box, for testing propose again we made fail-over to primary box and all the service working as normal it was pervious. Currently now primary as an active and secondary as standby... :(:(:( Anyone that knows anything about this or have had a similar problem?

laf_c
2015-03-10, 06:33
State your HW and SW version, please.

taganrog
2015-03-11, 10:42
Do you have console connection to the primary member? Or console was freezed too?

mohdyasin
2015-03-14, 09:22
Do you have console connection to the primary member? Or console was freezed too?

No even putty console also freeze.. from physical console to laptop i m abled to login

jdmoore0883
2015-03-16, 10:50
What is the output of the top command? Are there any specific processes that are taking up all the CPU?

what about a ping? Can the GW ping out to anything? next hops? 8.8.8.8?

tcpdump + fw monitor - is any traffic getting to the appliance in the first place? is it passing any traffic at all?

fw ctl zdebug drop | grep :22 - is it dropping your ssh traffic for some reason maybe?

uptime - did it recently reboot? maybe it cored and rebooted?

In short, now that you have direct console access to the appliance, what is it doing?

mohdyasin
2015-03-21, 05:31
even in monitor its shown as normal.. then too its have problem

After CPstop and CPstart in primary box via dir console.. it came normal stage..

i tried to check the issue via command like

#fw ctl debug 0
#fw ctl debug -buf 32000
#fw ctl debug -m fw + drop conn
#fw ctl kdebug ?-T -f >& /var/log/dbg.txt
#cpinfo -z -o cpinfo.out.gz

here no root cause had found to me...

laf_c
2015-03-23, 04:02
State your HW and SW version, please.

No news here.
I had similar issues with two 1140 appliances centrally managed.

vincent.tai
2015-03-24, 03:22
Hi. I had this issue too on our new SG12600 appliances running GAIA and R77.20 FW version.

When it freeze then there is no core dump generated. However after advise by CheckPoint to apply latest Jumbo Hotfixes then the issue is gone for 3 months now.