PDA

View Full Version : 21400 - what hardware part controls routing/OSPF???

cpguy
2013-08-19, 09:49
We have two 21400 running R76 GAIA (VSX) in HA using clusterXL. We have been trying to get these two boxes up for some time now. The latest problem is one of them will not keep the default route and will not enable OSPF on the correct interface. We are receiving a core dump on the VM in question.

admin 765 18121 0 08:06 ? 00:00:00 /bin/routed -i 2 -f /etc/routed2.conf -h 1
admin 769 50 0 08:06 ? 00:00:00 /bin/bash /etc/coredump/compress.sh /var/log/dump/usermode/routed.765.core

I've reloaded the OS several times on this device and still same problem. Do you think this is a hardware issue??? The other box has no issues at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

serlud
2013-08-20, 01:57
Do you think this is a hardware issue??? The other box has no issues at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can try to make clean install of R76 on *bad* member and see if problem disappeart. (if you already have not try this method : *I've reloaded the OS several times on this device* )

But I think it is a software bug which can not be resolve without new CP SR ..

mcnallym
2013-08-20, 03:21
Regarding the Default Gateway, then have found that with Gaia then you have the Ping Test on the Gateway, if the gateway doesn't respond/ gateway doesn't get the response then the default gateway is removed from the routing table. Remains in the configuration, but does not show up in the routing table of the box.

As such we have found it best to disable the ping test on the Gateways.

Sounds like that is possibly happening with the Default Gateway.

With the OSPF, then may be worth downloading a fresh ISO image and md5sum checking, and then burn a fresh DVD for a clean installation attempt. Sometimes had to do that even though just used the same DVD with the first box upgrading.

omohan
2013-08-21, 09:44
Call the TAC and ask for the latest routed RPM. You may need to provide a cpinfo and a core file.