PDA

View Full Version : Not able to install R75.40 Gateway on VMware

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2013-04-15, 05:37
Hi,

I am not able to install R75.40 image Gateway on VMware.On VMware I want to setup lab for testing for implementation.
But while installation (During Formatting HDD), it gives below error.

"An error occured trying to format lv_log. This problem is serious, and the install cannot continue, press enter to reboot your system".

I have tried all R75 image, but error is same.I am able to install R71 without any error.Is it require any specific requirement for R75 on VMware?

VMware: 9.0 (Also on 6.0)
Memory: 4GB
CPU: 2
HDD: 80 GB (Tried with both IDE/SATA-Physical space is also free 80GB)

Can any one tell me whct could be the issue?
Thanx...

ShadowPeak.com
2013-04-15, 14:14
You are using the wrong image, use the iso image designated for "Open Servers" and not the one for UTM-1/2012 Appliances. If you make your VMWare hard drive about 250GB the UTM-1/2012 image will sort of work in VMWare though...

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2013-04-16, 00:13
You are using the wrong image, use the iso image designated for "Open Servers" and not the one for UTM-1/2012 Appliances. If you make your VMWare hard drive about 250GB the UTM-1/2012 image will sort of work in VMWare though...

Hi ShadowPeak,

Thanx for your response....
I have used all the following images which are .ISO, but still giving same error....Can u send me any link for R75 proper image which I can use in vmware.

Check_Point_Install_and_Upgrade_R75.40VS.Gaia
Check_Point_R75.10_12000_Clean_Install
Check_Point_R75.30_Appliance
Check_Point_R75.46_SPLAT_Appliance
Check_Point_R75_Appliance

Also what is minimum HDD size require on Vmware???
Is specifying 250 GB HDD, solve the issue??

Thanx...

ShadowPeak.com
2013-04-16, 00:26
Filename is Check_Point_R75.40.Splat.iso:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal/role/supportcenterUser/page/default.psml/media-type/html?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_doGetdcdetails=&fileid=14886

Yes increasing the Hard Drive size to about 250GB in VMWare will permit the appliance-based images to load successfully in VMWare but you really should use the image above instead; you can get away with as little as a 12GB hard drive in a lab/test environment.

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2013-04-16, 01:44
Filename is Check_Point_R75.40.Splat.iso:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal/role/supportcenterUser/page/default.psml/media-type/html?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_doGetdcdetails=&fileid=14886

Yes increasing the Hard Drive size to about 250GB in VMWare will permit the appliance-based images to load successfully in VMWare but you really should use the image above instead; you can get away with as little as a 12GB hard drive in a lab/test environment.

Hi ShadowPeak,

Thanx for quick response....
I will check and definitely...get back to u...

One more thing..Do u have any courseware/studyguide for CCSE R75 (156.315)..I am planning to go for this/Also ready to pay...
Also can u tell the formate of the exam...Is there any lab or optional only?
What is a exam cost?

It will be very helpful for me.....Thanx..

ShadowPeak.com
2013-04-16, 10:02
Hi ShadowPeak,

Thanx for quick response....
I will check and definitely...get back to u...

One more thing..Do u have any courseware/studyguide for CCSE R75 (156.315)..I am planning to go for this/Also ready to pay...
Also can u tell the formate of the exam...Is there any lab or optional only?
What is a exam cost?

It will be very helpful for me.....Thanx..

Exam cost for CCSA R75 is $200 and it is a Computer-based Test (CBT). Check Point is in the process of updating the CCSA/CCSE courses to R76 and Gaia, so as a Check Point ATC I *may* have some unused residual hardcopies of the CCSA/CCSE R75 courseware for sale in a month or two. Sorry I do not have electronic copies of these materials...

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2013-04-16, 13:19
Exam cost for CCSA R75 is $200 and it is a Computer-based Test (CBT). Check Point is in the process of updating the CCSA/CCSE courses to R76 and Gaia, so as a Check Point ATC I *may* have some unused residual hardcopies of the CCSA/CCSE R75 courseware for sale in a month or two. Sorry I do not have electronic copies of these materials...

Hi ShadowPeak,

Thanx for you feedback and I completely agree with u....
can u pls upload CBT anywhere ????

Thanx once again.....

ShadowPeak.com
2013-04-16, 14:23
The practice CBT is here and is free of charge:

Self-Study Resources | Check Point Software (http://www.checkpoint.com/services/education/training/self-study/index.html)

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2013-04-17, 02:12
The practice CBT is here and is free of charge:

Self-Study Resources | Check Point Software (http://www.checkpoint.com/services/education/training/self-study/index.html)

Hi,

I am asking CCSE R75 exam cost??
Also how can we check interface bandwidth utilization on gateway interface???/

Thanx....

ShadowPeak.com
2013-04-17, 10:05
Hi,

I am asking CCSE R75 exam cost??

Same, $200.

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2013-04-17, 23:22
Same, $200.

Thanx....a LOT

Also can u u tell me about previous query.......how can we check interface bandwidth utilization on gateway interface??